Author Topic: www.familysearch.org - Is the site down?  (Read 29709 times)

Offline jan117

• This user has chosen not to receive notifications of new replies
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: familysearch.org/
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 18 January 06 17:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Poirot,
the same thing is happening to me,the page is being hijacked
and landed on ancestry. I am being hijacked by this link
Link : removed  as we do not think this may be safe
jan117

Offline jan117

• This user has chosen not to receive notifications of new replies
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: http://www.familysearch.org/
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 18 January 06 20:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi bobo66
having the same prob and yes im on tiscali
jan117

Offline bobo66

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 18 January 06 23:07 GMT (UK) »
Hello every one,

cantacted tiscali, and their reply is.....its not their problem.

Taking it further with them, as I now know of 8 people who cannot acces thie site, and they are all on tiscali!

Maybe we should all contact them individually and put pressure on them.

Can everyone contact friends and family who might be on tiscali to see if they can access this site?

Shold a new topic be posted just aimed at tiscali useres, or is this just duplicating this topic?
Harding, Green, Smedley, Bembridge, Leader, Broom, Morris, Chambers, Taft, Rigsby, Frost

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 18 January 06 23:16 GMT (UK) »
Ye, as bobo suggests, it may well be worth contacting your ISP to help resolve this issue, however, family search may be blocking connections from this particular ISP because of problems received from that network.

Trystan

Legal Note: (it may be just an individual or group of customers from this ISP that may be being malicious, or persons using this ISP because of a discovered security exploit, Note: however I cannot say that there is anything wrong with this particular ISP, this is purely speculation, and no basis should be placed upon my remakes here - they are just given to perhaps help people who  are having difficulty accessing a particular website)
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline poirot

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 18 January 06 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Derek,

I requested a moderator to merge our queries as they are about the same subject and we were getting two lots of replies.

Asked a friend to try Tiscali today and he had no problem but then he is not on Broadband. So are all the people having trouble with this site Broadband customers?

I too have emailed Tiscali and also the LDS and am still waiting for their replies.

It is reassuring to know that I am not the only one with this problem.

poirot
brown,henshaw in cheshire,berry,dowding,phillips in gloucester, littlejohn,arkle,nicol in aberdeenshire.

Offline bobo66

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 18 January 06 23:26 GMT (UK) »
Evening Poiroit,

Grtting interesting to see another posting from a tiscali user who cannot connect
Harding, Green, Smedley, Bembridge, Leader, Broom, Morris, Chambers, Taft, Rigsby, Frost

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 19 January 06 00:02 GMT (UK) »
It won't help your access problems but could I ask all those who access via framset links to avoid doing so.
When you force access like that you override the load share filters and could cause problems for others.
Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline poirot

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: www.familysearch.org - Is the site down?
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 19 January 06 01:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Adam,

Please look under www.familysearch.org posted by poirot & bobo and you will see that you are not alone with this problem.

Are you a Tiscali Broadband subscriber? If so please complain to them about this problem then maybe we will get some action from them.

poirot
brown,henshaw in cheshire,berry,dowding,phillips in gloucester, littlejohn,arkle,nicol in aberdeenshire.

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Re: www.familysearch.org - Is the site down?
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 19 January 06 01:13 GMT (UK) »
I can confirm that the users who have experienced problems with the website you mention are of the same IP range.
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.