Author Topic: Thomas Francis Shaw 1870-aft1930  (Read 1781 times)

Offline flasorsa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Francis Shaw 1870-aft1930
« on: Saturday 25 April 09 16:52 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone,
     I am new here, I've been trying to find out more information on Thomas F. Shaw. I do know that he was born in 1870 in Northern Ireland, he left Ireland in 1890 and settled in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
     I do believe that his father's name was William Shaw, born about 1835-1840. So far I have not found any proof of William.

So if anyone has any information on this line, please let me know. I would love to know or possibly get in contact of any living descendent's.

Thank You
Frank

Offline Langway

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Francis Shaw 1870-aft1930
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 21:47 BST (UK) »
When I was a little boy I lived on Morrison Street in Washington DC, frm 1952-1957 and there was an elderly couple Francis and Nell Shaw who lived across the street and would watch me when my mom went out. He was from the United Kingdom and was an inventor, in his 80s -90s. He had a terrific work place in his basement where I would marvel at his science. They said he invented some sort of water mine for WWI... I always wanted to know who he was...a quiet brilliant man. Cheers!
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least two postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php