Author Topic: The waite family in Spilsby  (Read 3282 times)

Offline waitehoskerlewis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: The waite family in Spilsby
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 30 April 09 14:15 BST (UK) »
I was getting mixed up before, I thought her father owned the grocers and the riding gear shop but her father owned the grocers and her uncle owned the riding gear shop
AYRES, LEWIS, HOSKER, HASTRY, BRACEGIRDLE, MORTIMORE, WAITE, CUNLIFFE, BOWMAN

Area's: Spilsby, Lincs (for WAITE and BOWMAN) and Warrington, Cheshire for AYRES, LEWIS, HOSKER, HASTRY, BRACEGIRDLE, MORTIMORE.  Manchester for CUNLIFFE.  LEWIS and HOSKER were in and around the Bold and Frodsham area

Offline waitehoskerlewis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 30 April 09 21:00 BST (UK) »
Apparently they lived at Lindum House, 10 Queen Street, Spilsby but I can't find any photos of that property on the web

Area's: Spilsby, Lincs (for WAITE and BOWMAN) and Warrington, Cheshire for AYRES, LEWIS, HOSKER, HASTRY, BRACEGIRDLE, MORTIMORE.  Manchester for CUNLIFFE.  LEWIS and HOSKER were in and around the Bold and Frodsham area

Offline Glen in Tinsel Kni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 01 May 09 14:13 BST (UK) »
By 1930 a Miss Roberts was the resident of Lindum House, there doesn't appear to be any mention of the surname Waite in Horncastle by 1930 appearing in Kellys directory.

Offline waitehoskerlewis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 01 May 09 21:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you, that's interesting, they must have moved at some point.  Is this Lindum House in Spilsby you're mentioning as you say Horncastle, is Horncastle situated near or within Spilsby?  Please could you tell me why you thought the occupiers of Lindum House would appear in Kelly's directory? - thanks

Offline Glen in Tinsel Kni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 01 May 09 23:31 BST (UK) »
Sorry my mistake, i checked Horncastle in error.

1930 Spilsby shows Waite and Son, Grocer, Market Street.