Author Topic: Brennan, Hughes, Kehoe, Murphy Clonegal Carlow Ferns Wexford  (Read 4760 times)

Offline jackie0051

• RootsChat Extra
  • Email is working again..
    • View Profile
Brennan, Hughes, Kehoe, Murphy Clonegal Carlow Ferns Wexford
« on: Wednesday 29 April 09 13:18 BST (UK) »
I've uncovered massive of new details during the last week and I'm anxious to know if anyone can connect to the names mentioned as follows.

I've been researching my gt grandfather Thomas Brennan's family for 9 yrs and until 3 days ago had made no headway whatsoever but suddenly everything has come together, it's still not a 100% certainty but it's 95% certain and a Kehoe holds the key.
I have as follows,

Marriage between Thomas Brennan and Ellen Hughes 1840
Abbeydown Clonegal Wexford.

Children
Micheel 1844
Thomas 1847.

Thomas 1847 marriage to 'Kehoe' family born 1851
Marriage date 1872
At Abbeydown Clonegal Wexford
Children.
Thomas born 1873.
One other brother known but no name and possibly 2 sisters.

Thomas and Kehoe female were evicted from their land in Abbeylan Abbeydown Clonegal
Thomas's mother Ellen Hughes sister was married to a wealthy government official (finance) named something like O'Crimmon, he owned a large farm near Clobemon and took them in.

Thomas became the Steward on the Clobemon Hall Estate.

In 1885 Thomas marries again to Jane Murphy in Ferns Wexford and they had 8 children.
Jane was born in 1864.
Jane is buried with her parents in Ballyduff.

My cousin in Ireland has made contact with the son of a son from Thomas Brennan's 2nd marriage to Jane Murphy and he has been able to provide some dates, names and places.

Between son Thomas's birth in 1873 and father Thomas's 2nd marriage something has happen to the Kehoe female...probably death because I'm told divorce was impossible in those days...they can't have just separated because there's is a certificate for the 1885 marriage to Jane Murphy.

Son Thomas 1873 had a travelling road show.
He married in Co Cavan 1907 and wife his wife and family travelled throughout Ireland.
His eldest daughter Lydia was my father's mother.
Dad never knew her she was only 16 yrs old at the time of his birth and left shortly afterwards with her sister for America.

Thomas 1873 separated from his wife in the mid 1920's and it appears my father stayed with Thomas 1873 for some time before being fostered out to a family in Raphoe Donegal named McElhinney. We've absolutely no idea what happened to Thomas after that date.

I'm desperate to know if has a  'Kehoe' female showing up who was married to my Thomas Brennan or can in any way connect to any of the above named?

All the above has come to me during the last few days, it's all a bit of a muddle and my brain is shot. I have to catalogue everything together and then send for the certs which will hopefully help reveal more.

Kindest regards Jackie Colson (Somerset England)

Brennan. Harden. McElhinney, Towhey, Lovely- Towhey, Loval Towhey. Pattingale, Bentley. Scott. Pool.
Kilkenny, Dublin, Co. Donegal. England. Berwick on Tweed. Birmingham. Manchester America, New York, Oregan.