Author Topic: Sweden to England, 1946 Valdis Valdeman Krilovs  (Read 7744 times)

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Sweden to England, 1946
« Reply #18 on: Friday 15 April 16 00:34 BST (UK) »
Ok, alternative spellings are Swenson and Swensson, also Svenson. I did wonder if they lived near the sea considering her 1st husbands naval links and Annette herself may have had a father in the navy, it was common to 'marry in'.
Casaubon (Geneva, London), Daulinge, Berners, McMullen (Nottingham), Tabb (Leics), Mycock (Derbys & Staffs), Gilbert (Notts), Price (s Wales), Krilovs/similar, gypsy Roberts, gypsy Clark, Bexell (Sussex), gypsy Elliott, Raven, Neligan (Co Kerry), Rymer, Newton (Hull).

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 15 April 16 00:37 BST (UK) »
Her surname would have been Svensson. Do you know of a possible middle name?

Ian

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 15 April 16 11:35 BST (UK) »
No, I wish I did. I wondered if her son Valdis Valdeman was named after relatives seeing as he wasnt named Aleksander after his father, nothing ever comes up no matter where I search. It occurred to me that she may have named Valdis in her will - BUT chances are it all went to her husband if he was still alive which he may have been if she died in her 50s. Valdis didnt seem to have money in England, or at least not by 1956, although of course he still may have been left something, then I know Ive got the right Annette.
I dont know anything about the navy only what I read online, but Aleksander and Annette were in Sweden when Valdis was born (his stepfather later changed the name to Waldis Waldeman to make him sound more Swedish and gave him the Svensson/Swenson surname, Valdis changed this back when he came to England for the 2nd time but I cant see Naturalisation records. I did apply but they have no record and he destroyed his birth cert at some point.) I digress, Aleksander died AT SEA when Valdis was 'small', I dont know what age. This would have been the Baltic sea and I dont know if it was the Swedish or Latvian navy.
Casaubon (Geneva, London), Daulinge, Berners, McMullen (Nottingham), Tabb (Leics), Mycock (Derbys & Staffs), Gilbert (Notts), Price (s Wales), Krilovs/similar, gypsy Roberts, gypsy Clark, Bexell (Sussex), gypsy Elliott, Raven, Neligan (Co Kerry), Rymer, Newton (Hull).

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 15 April 16 12:52 BST (UK) »
I will see if I can find the right channels to have someone look into the 1940 "census" records if possible. I have access to 1920, 1950 and 1960s records. It may be possible to find the family there. We'll see.

Ian

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 15 April 16 13:36 BST (UK) »
Jamcat please private message me if there are costs involved and I will sort this immediately. Really appreciate this. Im getting married next Saturday and I still feel part of the jigsaw is 'missing' probably especially because other countries and cultures are involved. Thankyou.

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 15 April 16 13:38 BST (UK) »
No worries and have a nice day next week.

Ian

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 15 April 16 19:46 BST (UK) »
 ;) I hope we will, thankyou.

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 30 May 16 20:32 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have now got back the replies with unfortunately only one that could help you really. Not the answer we are looking for though.....

The guy wrote that the census years for 1935, 1940 and 1945 are not digitized and therefore not searchable. He did say that the parish must be known to be able to locate Walter.

I am sorry to say that this is another dead end.

Ian

Offline rebekahm28

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 31 May 16 10:57 BST (UK) »
I was thinking about you the other day! Thankyou so much for trying, as usual I appreciate this so much. I'm looking into orphanages around Stockholm now, thinking this boarding school he went to may have been a foster placement, seeing as his father had died and he was unwanted by his stepfather. I find it so bizarre there's nothing when I searched the London electoral roll and the immigration lists, also naturalisation records. I'm also looking at merchant navy vessels that sunk, collided or exploded 1926-36, Valdis' 'Walter''s  father died at sea.