Author Topic: Jones from Llangynog  (Read 2565 times)

Offline Ardwyn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jones from Llangynog
« on: Thursday 30 April 09 10:51 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Iím looking for information about the Jones family from Llangynog.† Jane Jones married Thomas Millington in 1864 in Chester. Her father was David Jones, labourer. Jane Jones was living in Cheshire, probably in service, at the time of her marriage.

The only other thing I know about her is that she had 2 nieces who were living with the Millington family on the 1891 census. These were Jane (b 1878) and Annie (b 1880) Jones, also from Llangynog, Montgomeryshire. They are possibly on the 1881 census, living in Berwyn Street, Llangynog with their parents Evan Petr and Mary Jones, but when Iíve looked for Evan on previous censuses, he appears to have parents David and Ann Jones, but no sister called Jane living at home.

I'd be grateful for any information about this Jones family, if anyone has Jane on their family tree. She is my husband's gg grandmother.

Thanks,
Buffy
Arden, Millington, Robinson, Willis - Cheshire
Goodwin, Edwards, Thomas, Jones, Cooper - Flintshire/Denbighshire
Edgoose/Edmunds - Hampshire/Surrey/East Anglia
Arnold/Blundell/Down - Surrey/Dorset/Wiltshire
Hartshorn - Hertfordshire, Kent, London
Self - London/Surrey

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline skewbald

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jones from Llangynog
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 May 09 11:34 BST (UK) »

Buffy, I've sent a P.M. with details, but think in 1841 the whole family had moved to Bidstone in Cheshire, The details seem to match.

Skewy

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.