Author Topic: 1891 census for berncastel/barncastel born kent  (Read 3095 times)

Offline cath310859

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
1891 census for berncastel/barncastel born kent
« on: Sunday 20 February 05 22:05 GMT (UK) »
i am trying to find a gertrude berncastel but in the 1881 census it is spelt barncastel in the 1881 census she is living with her family in tonbridge kent

Name      Relation     Marital Status     Gender     Age     Birthplace     Occupation    Disability
 Julius BARNCASTEL      Head      M      Male      52      British Subject, Prussia      Schoolmaster Modern Langu      
 Elizabeth BARNCASTEL      Wife      M      Female      41      Scarborough, York, England            
 Minna L. BARNCASTEL      Dau      U      Female      18      Tonbridge, Kent, England            
 Charles BARNCASTEL      Son      U      Male      17      Tonbridge, Kent, England      Clerk      
 Camilla BARNCASTEL      Dau            Female      14      Tonbridge, Kent, England      Scholar      
 Gertrude BARNCASTEL      Dau            Female      13      Tonbridge, Kent, England      Scholar      
 Fritz BARNCASTEL      Son            Male      11      Tonbridge, Kent, England      Scholar      
 Ethel BARNCASTEL      Dau            Female      2      Tonbridge, Kent, England            
 Caroline FULLER      Serv            Female      16      Tudely, Kent, England      General Servant Domestic      

Source Information:
    Dwelling     12 Lansdowne Rd
     Census Place    Tonbridge, Kent, England
    Family History Library Film     1341219
    Public Records Office Reference     RG11
    Piece / Folio     0918 / 46
    Page Number     22

can anybody help please
bullock,temke,turner,haddlington,richards,rollinson,batey,cameron

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
Re: 1891 census for berncastel/barncastel born kent
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 February 05 05:18 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Cath.... though this family appear in 1871 and 1881 by 1891 the only one who appears is Fritz lodging  in London and again in 1901 out of this entire family only Fritz and his family appear....Sorry Kris  :'(
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 February 05 08:20 GMT (UK) »
Her birth appears to have been registered as:

Lince Gertrude BERNCASTEL - March quarter 1868 Tonbridge registration district 2a 580

41 Milton St, Marske, Yorkshire

William J ANSON head mar 44 waterworks & civil engineer b.Easby W Richmond Yorks
Mary A D wife 43 b.Seuburn/Leyburn Yorks
William M son 19 coal merchants clerk b.Saltburn Yorks
Arthur son 17 accountants clerk b.Saltburn Yorks
Lyna G BURNCASTEL visitor 23 governess b.Tonbridge Kent
Elizabeth CU..... servant 15 general servant

RG12/3999 folio 63 page 66

Best wishes

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cath310859

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 February 05 12:59 GMT (UK) »
thanks i think that is the right one the correct spelling is berncastel she certainly got around by 1901 she is married to someone from lancashire and living in bradford  ;D that is definatly her birth as i have since found out that her first name was lince but she went by her middle name
bullock,temke,turner,haddlington,richards,rollinson,batey,cameron

Offline yorksshirepud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 27 August 05 17:49 BST (UK) »
Just figuring out how to use this forum.  I am the granddaughter of Lina Gertrude Berncastel. Yes she was born in Tonbridge Kent and died in Bradford Yorkshire in February of 1962 .Sshe was my mothers mother. I am trying also to find my twin girl cousins who were Lina  Gertrude's sons daughters. Any help would be apprecaited.

By the way there has been much research done on the Berncastel family who originated from Trier in Germany.

Offline yorksshirepud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 02 April 06 23:29 BST (UK) »
thought you would like to know that  I have  managed to find one of my cousins and have been in contact with her . She was really pleased to hear from me as she did not realize she had a first cousin.She is still living in the Rochester area.  She also had  known absolutley nothing of her father so I was able to have the one photo I have of him copied and sent to her, plus tell her the little I knew of him.{ She had  not even realized he was killed in a road accident in 1942.}  If nothing else I am so happy to have been able to do that.

All I can say is thank goodness for computers :)

Offline Heritage17

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 07 December 10 22:54 GMT (UK) »
I have just discovered this website this evening. I am a Berncastel and I'm descended from the Berncastels from Germany.
There has been a lot of research done in Australia by a relative of my fathers. I am sure I have seen on a family tree some of the names you have mentioned. I am going to get a copy and compare it to your post, maybe it will be of some help.

Offline Jo81

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 24 January 19 02:03 GMT (UK) »
I'm a descendant of Lina.

Happy to hear from others!