Author Topic: MARGEYs to San Francisco, CA  (Read 3539 times)

Offline DoireM

• RootsChat Senior
  • Spero In Deo
    • View Profile
Re: MARGEYs to San Francisco, CA
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 05 May 19 16:11 BST (UK) »
No don't apologise, always great to hear from cousins.  So sorry to hear of your grandfather's passing.  I would be delighted to share Margey information with you.  I can go back two generation's from your Michael.  Still Margeys''s living in the ancestral parish in Donegal, Ireland  Have you done a DNA test? 
Crowley : Kilmaley Parish, Co. Clare / Cook County, Chicago, Illinois
Bradley: Iskaheen Parish, Co. Donegal, Ireland
McCallion:  Iskaheen Parish, Co. Donegal. Ireland
Margey/Margay:  Iskaheen Parish, Co. Donegal, Ireland
Donnellan / Donlan:  Carhunagry, Co. Clare
Sullivan: Clare / Cook County, Chicago, Illinois
James:  Derry/ Donegal / Wales.
Haren / Harhen:  Co. Clare, Ireland
Murphy: Kinturk, Kilmaley, Co. Clare.
Friel:  Aught, Ture. Iskaheen Parish, Co. Donegal.
Cassidy:  Limavady, Co. Derry.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline dpm14

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MARGEYs to San Francisco, CA
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 05 May 19 17:56 BST (UK) »
I did through myAncestry since thatís the site Iíve used since forever on the digital copy of my tree.

I got 62.4% North and West European (lots of German, especially on my fathers side) and 37.6% Irish Scottish and Welsh. Iíve got a Welsh Surname.

I was sad I didnít get anything random on the DNA test since I already knew I was pretty German and Irish.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.