Author Topic: sheen  (Read 9139 times)

Offline Warwickshire Bear

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: sheen
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 05 January 12 12:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steve,

It is nice to know that there are more of us around and a bonus to be able to get in tough with new relatives.

I will give you a call sometime. I will ask my Sisters for the number.

I did have identical twin boys. Born on 4th December 2001. Max Kristian died on 5th December 2001 and Samuel Lee died on the 6th December.  Whilst I was carrying them, I/we were diagnosed with Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndone. Identical twins are not hereditary whereas fraternal twins are.  I hope I am correct in saying that my Dad's sister, Dorothy was a twin of which the other twin died at birth. They were not identical though and I don't know what the sex of the other baby was. Christine could probably enlighten you if need be although it is probably irrelevant. 

I now have Tammy Christine born 31st December 2002.

Look forward to speaking to you soon.

Regards

Jill

Hi Jill

Happy New Year

I have been researching the Sheen's in the Worcester newspapers which are now online, and can be accessed by library subscription. I spotted Joseph Matthews Sheen keeping the Green Dragon Inn in Malvern for many years, he was insolvent in 1858 and bankrupt 1863, eventually being sent to prison for a short time. There is one in every family

I forgot to mention the family resemblance from your photo eyes very similar to my father

regards
Steve

Offline Jill MS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 31 July 12 13:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve, how is the research going. I have only just read your reply as I couldn't gain access to my account. Do you have any photos of yourself and father, I am intrigued to see if there is a resemblance. Fancy one of our family members being imprisoned, made me laugh. I quite agree that there is one in every family. Hope to hear back from you.

Regards Jill x

Offline Warwickshire Bear

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 05 August 12 09:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Jill.
Thanks for the posting, I've not done much on the family tree for some time, I have brought most branches that I can up to date, Just missing a female who lived in Northampton who I can't find a marriage/death for. I got back to the 1790s, but found 3 Richard Sheen's all born around the right time living close together one of which belongs to us,
I email a Rev Sheen in Australia a couple of times a year, there is a branch of around 30 out in Queeensland.

I've been away for a few days visiting my parents (father is 88) so will sort out some photos, would prefer to send via email if possible.
regards
Steve

Offline Jill MS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 30 August 12 19:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve, good to hear back from you. Hope you enjoyed your trip. My dad is 91 now. The family seem to live to ripe old ages. My email address is * and I would love to see some photos if you don't mind sharing them. I'm sure I will be able to find photos of my family to send to you.

Jill x

Daft question: is your surname Sheen?
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php