Author Topic: Fromelles missing - Walter Pheasant  (Read 8622 times)

Offline mollywally

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fromelles missing - Walter Pheasant
« Reply #36 on: Monday 14 June 10 10:27 BST (UK) »
Hi there, great to hear from you. Yes Walter Pheasant is one of those buried (appropriately) at Pheasant Wood. I understand his remains have been identified and re-buried. I have not been able to establish a connection from our Pheasant family to his (yours) as yet so it may be either non-existent or further back along the family tree!
Our Pheasants came from the Billington, Bedfordshire area in England and my great-grandfather, George Pheasant, left England at 17 and moved to South Africa. Eventually he married and then travelled to NZ for some years and finally Australia where he pioneered a farm in the Millaa Millaa region of North Queensland.
George Pheasant came from  a very large family, however, and I am not certain of all their movements and their ancestors' prior to that time (around 1897). I know I came across the Farnell Pheasants during some of my earlier research.
if you think there may be a connection or would like help researching please feel free to contact me again as I have quite a bit of info about various Pheasants from some years' research.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 15 May 19 10:48 BST (UK) »
Hello Spof,

I am trying to locate the new website for the fromelles project but am struggling, have you any idea on what it maybe ?

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline LadyKira

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 15 May 19 20:09 BST (UK) »

Offline LadyKira

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 15 May 19 20:14 BST (UK) »
mollywally
Hi
I cannot see a link to Bedford yet. Keep looking though.
LK