Author Topic: Internet Explorer 8  (Read 28512 times)

Offline tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Internet Explorer 8
« Reply #234 on: Friday 19 June 09 19:13 BST (UK) »
so long as their own nests are feathered.

Sorry I thought that you were still talking about M.P's.

particularly one where the government suffers constant harrassment from a hostile press!

I think that a hostile press is the least of their worries.

Besides, if it wasn't for the press we would never know what this Government

is up to and I would imagine there are still vast amounts that are covered up.

I don't think that this topic is a suitable one to discuss these things.

Tomkin  AKA Tomkin last word on the subject ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: Saturday 20 June 09 19:58 BST (UK) »
If we are ever stupid enough to elect Cameron as PM you will find that all of a sudden the right wing press will start fawning all over him as though his government will be able to save the nation. They have neither the wit nor inclination, I would be very suprised if they don't have all their loot off shore.However, these postings have come a long way away from IE8!
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: Saturday 20 June 09 20:09 BST (UK) »
Graham , Still off topic but you raise some important points. I would like to see an additional qualification introduced for a candidacy to any elected office, that would be a requirement for a wouldbe candidate of all or no party to have passed an examination administered by the civil service with the purpose of ensuring that all candidates had the intellectual equipment to deal with the complex issues of national and local government, and that they could distinguish right from wrong. I was involved in local government many years ago as a county and subsequently borough councillor. My experience of the lack of integrity and intellect of many councillors of all parties led me to the conclusion above. I would also like to see the following: The number of councillors reduced by 2/3s and their remumeration doubled; the post becoming full time with a legal right to return to their previous employment, when ceasing to hold elected office. I firmly believe that what is needed at all levels of governance is an effective elected opposition, and the practise of alternating holding of committee chairs and vice chairs when political control changes should be outlawed. Those who practised this in the former West Riding of Yorkshire were known as the "shake hand gang", and the practise led directly to the corruption and planning scandals of the 1970s.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline GrahamH

• RootsChat Veteran
  • www.gjh.me.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: Sunday 21 June 09 10:18 BST (UK) »
Yes, it is becoming a bit OT isn't it  :) I'll send you a PM instead.

Graham

Offline Nick29

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: Sunday 21 June 09 11:08 BST (UK) »
If we are ever stupid enough to elect Cameron as PM you will find that all of a sudden the right wing press will start fawning all over him as though his government will be able to save the nation. They have neither the wit nor inclination, I would be very suprised if they don't have all their loot off shore.However, these postings have come a long way away from IE8!

It will only be a matter of time before the manipulating Murdochs switch their allegiance, and tell all the Sun readers to vote Tory.  Let's hope they never decide to back the BNP  :o

Moderator comment: topic locked as it seems to have run its course.
RIP 1949-10th January 2013

Best Wishes,  Nick.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk