Author Topic: Fromelles Missing - Aime Constant Verpillot COMPLETED with Thanks  (Read 25816 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Fromelles Missing - Aime Constant Verpillot COMPLETED with Thanks
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday 11 November 14 00:08 GMT (UK) »
LEST WE FORGET

11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. 
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Fromelles Missing - Aime Constant Verpillot COMPLETED with Thanks
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday 19 July 16 03:48 BST (UK) »
19 July 1916

One hundred years

Lest We Forget
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Fromelles Missing - Aime Constant Verpillot
« Reply #146 on: Sunday 12 May 19 04:13 BST (UK) »
Have finally discovered the record of the family travelling from England to NZ.   It seems the spelling of their surname was either originally recorded incorrectly or the transcription was wrong.   Either way they travelled to NZ in 1908 and the surname was VERPELLOB.

Chas VERPELLOB (Charles Eugene - Father)
Bertha VERPELLOB (Berthe - Mother)
Anni VERPELLOB (Aime - Son)
Unknown VERPELLOB (recorded as female - Daughter)

This would almost certainly suggest that the unknown female is Aime's sister and most probably the Berthe who married Arthur Norman Morey.

Cheers,
Tim L.

Today is the tenth anniversary, it is 12 May 2019.  It is Mother's Day in New South Wales.  His date of birth is recorded as 12 May 1891.   

LEST WE FORGET