Author Topic: Arrival of SPEARPOINT family.  (Read 9827 times)

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
Re: Arrival of SPEARPOINT family.
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 May 09 06:53 BST (UK) »
A very interesting read  this  thread,

just to add in  here

Could be Caroline's death

6030/1924     
SPEARPOINT   Caroline I
Father Robert Mother Caroline               
District Chatswood.

as supplied  by Cando

Willoughby  is  the next suburb to Chatswood in fact I just  recently on  holidays went down High Street, Willoughby  to view  the old neighbourhood for my Aunt who lived  there!! and for my husband  to see his  street where he lived when he first came to this country  just off High Street.

Jenn
When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 11 May 09 07:43 BST (UK) »
WOW.......

That is amzing Cando .... so much information about them. The mis-spellings on the births are a little off but you can see the match still. Even Caroline Lloyd...... that was Caroline Isabella's mother's name.
  It is good to see Caroline living well into old age ......with or without her seemingly wayward husband. Very interesting the desertion bit.... we would call it "midlife crisis" now.
I googled Ingram Spearpoint last night and came up with a link to a Ryland family so I think that would be a good contact.
    Jorose   Thank you going to go through every snippet and flesh out the bones on this family. As they are my 3xgreat grandma's niece and her children I like to fill in about their lives not just their names and stories like that are wonderful to find.
    Jenn...... Glad you found it interesting. I will google the place names mentioned and have a look at where they lived.
  Thanks                                 
    Tazzie
Liscoe -all
Green/Simpson/Underwood-Beds
Walker/Foulkes/Fookes/Fooks/Hedges/Lamborne-Bucks.
Stanton/Pattrick/Cooper/Fitzjohn/Holland/Spalding-London
 Rewallin/Underwood -Devon
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge
 Favell/Favel - Lincs-Beds

This information is Crown Copyright from
   www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 11 May 09 09:53 BST (UK) »
Tazzie you should be able to piece together the family a little more from the bdm links in New South Wales and New Zealand.

Good luck

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 11 May 09 14:06 BST (UK) »

Thank you Cando ......

I will be working my way through the sites later I am sure this will lead to a very positive end.

Best wishes

Tazzie
Liscoe -all
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge

Offline Itza

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 23 May 09 17:59 BST (UK) »
Ingram was the brother of William Ingram Spearpoint and William was my Great grandfather- My grandfather was Herbert Ingram Spearpoint m.Martha Williamson in 1911
My Father Herbert Thomas George Spearpoint m.Eileen Margaret Timms in 1944 and she is still with us.
On a visit to OZ in 2006 I was lucky enough to visit 2 of my Aussie cousins (somewhat removed) but when in NZ wasn't able to meet any like names there.
Suggest you visit (*) who holds a vast store of Spearpoints in his family archives- Too many to count!
My own search has taken me back as far as Robert Spearpoint b.1500-Lydd Kent d.1540 Wife n/k and currently he is the numero uno on the top of the Spearpoint tree so your Ingram goes to there too.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 24 May 09 09:30 BST (UK) »

Hi Itza.....

Welcome to Rootschat.
 The changes have been made as open e-mail addy can lead to spam mail. 2 more entries on here and you can use the private mail facililty.

Anyway back to the message. This has been an interesting off shoot to my main tree. I came across this family whilst tracing my grt grt grt grandmother Martha Lloyd. She married Abraham Lovelock and then John Cooper in London. The Lovelock side also had a member of the family sent to Australia..... Martha's brother in law. So I decided that as I has come to a junction in my main lines I would look further into those that had travelled to Australia. Again it has thrown up a very interesting line.
 I have found the family on the Ryland site and gained some info there. I have been amazed at how far some of my family have gone and pleades that the family has flourished on the other side of the world. To come across others with a connection is brilliant. Well done on your research I had not looked at going as far back as this was from a marriage into the family I wanted to follow Caroline on her adventure. Seems like never a dull moment with the wandering Ingram around!

Best wishes

Tazzie
Liscoe -all
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge

Offline Itza

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 25 May 09 09:26 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply and as you have visited the persons site that helped me immensley you will not need that one. I suppose somewhere I must be related to the "Spearpoint" from NZ who writes books on his walks and the flora and fauna- but an email I sent to him went unanswered before I visited there.
Best  of luck getting all you want from your distant relatives at least now I know that one of my GG's brothers was pinched by the law in OZ although my father told me of an uncle of his that was a policeman there  my oz research at the police dept in Melbourne was fruitless- but I was able to see their Black Museum (Its open to all too ) and some of the Ned Kelly artifacts plus other bits of his story were enlightening.

Cheers
Itza

Offline John MitchellNZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 14 May 14 10:36 BST (UK) »
 Hello .
 I have just finished reading your " Arrival of Spearpoints " . I am amazed and learnt a lot .
         I am a great grandson of Charles Thomas ( b. Bermondsey ) and Catherine ( Shaw ) Spearpoint , of 390 West Coast Rd , Oratia , west Auckland , New Zealand . ( house still standing ) .
 Charles and Catherine marr. 24/05/1894 in Ponsonby , Auckland .
  I have several pages / photos of NZ  S/points .
                        Awaiting replies .
                                                 John R Mitchell .  64 . Auckland , N Z .
Mitchell Pearson Hill Maher Slade Spearpoint

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 14:59 BST (UK) »

Hello John
 I am so sorry for not responding to you sooner but your reply slipped through the net.
 As you have read this family is a little off shoot from my main line but the name Ingram Spearpoint intrigued me. I am still amazed the journey many people took to the other side of the world leaving loved ones behind.
 Her aunt Martha is my direct line - she was the third wife of school slate maker John Cooper - his second wife was her sister-   Who says this hobby is dull!
 I never had anything back from the tree owners so left this little sideline . I haven't gone any further with them but maybe time to start up again.
 My time is taken with helping my son on his war memorial project  - he intends to track them all down on our village memorial families...addresses...census....and what happened to them. They deserve to be more than a faded name and we have a lot to remember them for.

Best wishes

Tazzie
Liscoe -all
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge