Author Topic: seeking Les & Edna Bowden  (Read 2872 times)

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
seeking Les & Edna Bowden
« on: Tuesday 12 May 09 15:20 BST (UK) »
I am trying to locate my great Aunt's family who emigrated to Canada in the 1960's.  My great Aunt was called Edna Bowden nee Fear who emigrated with her husband Les Bowden.  They followed their son out to Canada - also called Les Bowden & his wife & children.  Edna Bowden nee Fear was born in Weston super mare UK, and was the sister of my grandfather Francis Fear.  Les Bowden (snr) owned a shop in Bristol.
I believe that Les Bowden (jnr) has/had a son and then a daughter who was born in Canada.
I guess Edna & her husband would have passed away by now as they were in their 60's when they emigrated.
I possess a photo taken in England with me as a baby, and Les (jnr) in uniform although only about 16-17 yrs of age, in some unifrom. Can anyone help me locate them?
regards Trish
Fear, Puddy, Bunn, Hemsbury - Wedmore Somerset.  Watts - Romsey Hants, Frome Somerset, Warminster Wilts & Wokingham Berkshire.  Roberts - Newport, Stone Glos, Austin - Monmouth. Dix or Dicks - Frome. Pugh - Llanbrynmair, Trevithin & Tafolwern