Author Topic: Scottish ancestors at Battle of Worcester 1651?  (Read 31802 times)

Offline tshogg

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Scottish ancestors at Battle of Worcester 1651?
« Reply #54 on: Friday 24 July 20 03:28 BST (UK) »
I believe my ancestor, John Hogg, may have been in the Battle or Worcester and was sent to the colonies aboard the John and Sarah.  I'm look for any information about John Hogg. I believe he was born around 1640.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Never trust anything you find online .....
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Friday 24 July 20 13:02 BST (UK) »
tshogg, hello and welcome to RootsChat.

Are you Sam? If so we are already in touch about John Waddell.
Researching

AITKENHEAD, Lanarkshire; BINNY, Forfar; BLACK, New Monkland; BRYSON, Cumbernauld; BURGESS, North-East Scotland; CRUICKSHANK, Rothes; DALLAS, Botriphnie; DAVIDSON, Oyne; GUTHRIE, Angus; HOGG, Larbert; LESLIE, Rothes/Mortlach; MENDUM, England; MOLLISON, Lethnot; PATERSON, Larbert; RHIND, Forfar; SANG, Scotland; SCOTT, East Kilbride; STOR(R)I/E/Y, Shotts; THORNTON, Shotts; WADDELL, New Monkland; WILKIE, New Monkland; WILKIE, Tannadice; WYLLIE, Angus; YOUNG, Keith

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 19 September 20 08:59 BST (UK) »
Reported to Moderator -
According to documentation, I am the 9th generation after Daniel and the current spelling is Robbins.

Robertson1651 , if you wish to post on the thread you need hit the "Reply" button.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records