Author Topic: Scottish ancestors at Battle of Worcester 1651?  (Read 37676 times)

Offline tshogg

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Scottish ancestors at Battle of Worcester 1651?
« Reply #54 on: Friday 24 July 20 03:28 BST (UK) »
I believe my ancestor, John Hogg, may have been in the Battle or Worcester and was sent to the colonies aboard the John and Sarah.  I'm look for any information about John Hogg. I believe he was born around 1640.

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Friday 24 July 20 13:02 BST (UK) »
tshogg, hello and welcome to RootsChat.

Are you Sam? If so we are already in touch about John Waddell.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 19 September 20 08:59 BST (UK) »
Reported to Moderator -
According to documentation, I am the 9th generation after Daniel and the current spelling is Robbins.

Robertson1651 , if you wish to post on the thread you need hit the "Reply" button.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Sarah Larrabee

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Monday 22 March 21 02:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I am just getting back into researching my family tree & have researched my grandfather James W McKenney mothers side. But recently became interested in learning more about his father's side Harold McKenney Sr..
I traced back to Robert & Rebecca McKenney. Then Roberts father John (with plenty of spelling variations). There are a few differences in minor details among all the information I've found on John but it all lines up fairly well. It seems that after John most have hit a dead end on finding out who John's parents were (and his wife although in one place I found the name Alice listed there doesn't seem to be any real evidence of that).
I live in Maine so I'm hoping it makes it a little easier for me to aquire information/records if I travel down to Scarborough which isn't far from me. But I'm super interested in the Mackenzie Clan & finding out if my ancestors were a part of that clan & how far back I can get.
I'm planning on ordering & taking a DNA test to try to confirm more of my ancestry as I'm a beginner in all this.
Excited to see what I can dig up!

- Sarah Larrabee-Ciomei

Offline derekseanbrown

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday 25 April 23 00:51 BST (UK) »
Good luck Sarah .....
Scotland:Aberdeen:BROWN,COUTTS,CULLEN,TAYLOR
England:Gloucestershire:CAMERY,SHAIL,PERRYMAN
England:Woolwich:Plumstead:BROWN,MARKHAM,QUADLING
England:Gloucestershire:Stroud:HOGG,GARDNER,WRIGHT
England:Worcestershire:BROWN,LANNI(e), BRIDGES
Ireland:Dublin:(O')CONNOR,MULLEN,KANE