Author Topic: Llanbadarn y Garreg Radnorshire Burials  (Read 5709 times)

Offline TIM97

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Llanbadarn y Garreg Radnorshire Burials
« on: Thursday 21 May 09 22:15 BST (UK) »
Has anyone got a record of Memorial inscriptions for St Padarns Llanbadarn y garreg, in Radnorshire. Im looking for Greenways buried there
Morgan (Pentyrch) Lilwall (Her & Rad) James (Glam) Wiltshire (Timsbury, Bristol) James (Amroth, Pembrokeshire)
Truscott (st stephen in brannel)
Parry (llangores, Breconshire)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline skylark

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Llanbadarn y Garreg Radnorshire Burials
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 June 10 23:22 BST (UK) »
I'm sorry, I haven't got any MI records but I got these off the internet.

John Greenway buried 4 Jan 1838 - aged 88 - Llanbadarn Y Garreg - St. Padarn.

Charlotte Greenway 6 Sep 1835 - age 4- Newchurch St.Mary (about 8 miles away NE)

Edward Greenway 12 Jul 1840 -age 75 - Bryngwyn St.Michael (about 6 miles away NE)

John Greenway 26 Apr 1813 - 6 weeks - Llowes St. Meilig (SE)
"This information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Ensor, Bradley, Cooper, Beard, Boothby, Willey, Maryon.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Paparico

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Llanbadarn y Garreg Radnorshire Burials
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 April 15 19:41 BST (UK) »
Up until the 1970s, there were only two Greenways buried at St. Padarn's, Llanbadarn-y-Garreg as the Greenways were CofE Bryngwyn farmers, and St. Padarn's was non-conformist.  Llanbadarn-y-Garreg was ("Hounds of") Baskerville land pledged to marry into the Powells.  John Griffiths received  "The Box" L-y-G, in settlement of a libel suit and pledged that to marry into the Powells.  The Bryngwyn Greenways  then married into the Powells, but I have found no Greenway title records for L-y-G, so perhaps they were tenant farmers.  The locals presumed they were itinerant miners as the father & son graves abut,  but there are no Greenway graves of  wives or children.  I sent a photo of the graves to a Mormon researcher some years ago, so perhaps it was posted on familysearch.org