Author Topic: Lost my PRINGLES  (Read 13509 times)

Offline nanato5

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lost my PRINGLES
« on: Friday 22 May 09 07:11 BST (UK) »
james finlay pringle born 8th oct 1890,birth reg 11th oct 1890,and alexander mcgilp pringle born 16th dec 1892,birth reg january 4th 1893,cant find them 1901,sister annie was in service age 16,table maid in sandyford,other sister elizabeth taylor pringle born 2nd may 1889 birth reg 15th april 1889,downloaded a few 1901 census but not the right elizabeth,other sister mary (my wee granny)born 16th feb 1895 ,found age 6 in whiteinch home,have all birth certs sp,marraige certs for annie and elizabeth,thomas and flora the parents died of TB 1897 and 1898,my wee gran was 2 when her mum died,3 when her dad died, :'( gran never ever spoke about her family all my mum knew about was 1 sister,annie or elizabeth i dont know,just wish i could have told my mum what i have been finding but she has gone now,on wee grannys marraige cert was usual residence ruchill hospital head maid,how she came to be married in fife i dont know,but its the boys im trying to chase,downloaded another census for alexander , dalkeith ,but not him,where do i go from here,all born corrie,father was thomas pringle and mother was flora mcgilp,is there light at end of this tunnel, ::)
mcgilp & pringle,kilbride ,bute                                                 
mackie,fife .                                                                 
brabender& pringle,glasgow.edward biggar,peebles                                                 
pringle&brown,& aitken,glasgow ,                                                           
wight,east lothian & borders.little,lothian.

Offline roma

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: LOST MY PRINGLES
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 May 09 07:31 BST (UK) »
1901 Census Thomas, James and Alexander are in Kilmalcolm Orphanage, Renfrewshire Registration Number 569.

Hope this helps in some way
Robert

Offline nanato5

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Lost my PRINGLES
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 May 09 18:59 BST (UK) »
many thanks for that reply robert,but i dont know who the thomas pringle is,not unless you have uncovered another brother,will have another scout around to see if he is a brother,many thanks, eva.hi again robert ,ive just been on sp and yes thomas pringle is another brother i never knew about i downloaded the birth cert and sure enough the father  is thomas pringle shoemaker,and mother flora mcgilp,so many thanks again robert your a star,here was me thinking i had them all,he was born 24 th april 1887,once again i thank you from the bottom of my heart,eva.
mackie,fife .                                                                 

Offline nanato5

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 17 March 14 07:06 GMT (UK) »
well after near on 5 years since I started with the mcgilp/pringle family I have now found and in weekly contact with alexanders son who lives in Canada,it has been a long hard road to track him down plus I also found james pringles son inlaw in Michigan,so to everyone who is struggling to find family don't give up it has taken ages but I am so very happy with the outcome also had a few teary eyed moments on the phone to alexanders son who is now in his eightys,so few words of encouragement is DONT GIVE UP.                          eva xxxx
mackie,fife .                                                                 

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 18 March 14 14:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Eva

Great words of encouragement. Well done for keeping going  ;D Enjoy your newly found family  :)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 18 March 14 18:43 GMT (UK) »
Did you ever find whether the 1901 Thomas Pringle was a sibling as well?  He appears to have been born in the same year as Elizabeth - 1889
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline rosiemay7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 21 March 15 21:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi My grandmother was Annie Douglas Pringle whose mother was Flora McGilp and father Thomas Pringle.I have only just seen your messages.

Offline nanato5

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 23 March 15 09:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi My grandmother was Annie Douglas Pringle whose mother was Flora McGilp and father Thomas Pringle.I have only just seen your messages.
   well hello to you rosiemay7 yes annie was my grandmothers sister,how wonderful you have found my posts from many years ago,it has been a long road to find mcgilp/pringle family,i found alexanders son in Canada(annies brother) you will have to make another few posts on here so we can pm each other,even if you just say hello and something else to make up to 3rd post hope to hear from you very soon xxx eva
mackie,fife .                                                                 

Offline rosiemay7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 23 March 15 20:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Eva Thank you for replying to me. Was your granny Elizabeth Taylor Pringle known as Bessie. The family had a grocers in Glasgow. I have got photocopies of births,marriages and deaths on pages that seem to be from a family bible. The details are handwritten.I expect you know that there were 6 children born to Flora Taylor McGilp. Looking forward to hearing from you. Rosiemay7 x