Author Topic: Buxted Baptism Lookup-Clarke  (Read 1025 times)

Offline AlisonR

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Buxted Baptism Lookup-Clarke
« on: Saturday 23 May 09 20:05 BST (UK) »
Hi, if anyone has access to the parish records for Buxted, please could you look for the baptism record for Sidney Clarke, born Buxted, February 1880, mother Clara Jane Clarke, father unknown.  Any info would be much appreciated.  Thanks.
Clarke: Kent/Northants
Budds: Kent
Jack: Middx
Curd: Surrey

Offline swebby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Buxted Baptism Lookup-Clarke
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 May 09 07:55 BST (UK) »
Cannot see one for Sidney yet but have one for Clara Jane Clark baptised 7 Aug 1864 St Margaret Buxted Father: Edwin Neal Mother: Jane

Regards
Sean
Webb (Sussex), Barham (Sussex, Norfolk/Suffolk), Day (Somerset), Rowett(Somerset, Cornwall), White (Leighlinbridge), Deane (Roscommon), Quinn (Roscommon)

Offline swebby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 May 09 08:14 BST (UK) »
Sidney Clark is in the 1881 Census Age 1, boarding with George Marten & family at Grovehurst Farm.
There is then a death record for Sidney Clarke born about 1879 for 1882 Lewes Registration District.

Sean
Webb (Sussex), Barham (Sussex, Norfolk/Suffolk), Day (Somerset), Rowett(Somerset, Cornwall), White (Leighlinbridge), Deane (Roscommon), Quinn (Roscommon)

Offline AlisonR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 May 09 19:35 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that.  Sidney Clarke is my g grandfather, I have only recently discovered that he was born in Buxted, believing him to have been born in Milton-next-Sittingbourne, which was stated as his place of birth on the 1891/1901 census returns.  I know now that this was an illegitimate birth, and that his mother, Clara, was the person I originally thought was his sister!  It's a bit of a long shot, but I was hoping that the baptism record, if there is one, may give an indication as to the identity of the father.  Were bastardy bonds still in place around this date do you know?  Thanks for you help.
Alison
Clarke: Kent/Northants
Budds: Kent
Jack: Middx
Curd: Surrey