Author Topic: Westbury families  (Read 21886 times)

Offline GWestbury

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Westbury families
« Reply #45 on: Friday 05 October 18 08:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Nick,
I have been searching my Westbury family in UK... I have got back to 1756 with Henry Westbury's birth but cannot find his parents.....?  So far I have the following....Henry Westbury born 1756 England, married Mary Page 1780 in Highworth Wiltshire, Died 1834 Eastleach Turville, Gloucestershire, England. Son, Thomas Westbury born 2 February 1800, married Ann TUFFLEY on 17 Oct 1821, Eastleach Turville, Gloucestershire, died 8 January 1832 aged 31, Ann WESTBURY was buried 21 April 1860 aged 50. Son, John Westbury Born 1824 Eastleach Turville, Gloucestershire, England, John Westbury baptised 11 July 1824 Eastleach Turville, England, married Ann Kilmister at Highworth, Wiltshire, Sept 1856.  They had a daughter Cassandra.  They emigrated from Liverpool to Sydney, Australia on the ship "Castilian" 16 June 1858.  Cassandra Westbury died, her death registered at Raymond Terrace district, NSW 1858. Ann WESTBURY died 1873, AGE 55 YEARS in TENTERFIELD NSW. John Westbury married Hannah Hoult in Tenterfield in 1876. Hannah Hoult was originally from London, England. John Westbury, Farmer, died Tenterfield 1894 aged 70 years. They had a son John Westbury born 1876, married Annie Elizabeth Collins in Tenterfield. John died March 1936. They had a son, Harold Jack Westbury born 15 July 1916, married Joan Patricia Brandes 1942. Harold died March 2005 in Hornsby.  They had a son, Grahame Paul Westbury born 26 June 1945, married Lynette Ellen Fox, 25 Nov 1972 Top Ryde Sydney. They had two sons Grant Paul Westbury born 2 December 1975 and Mark David Westbury 8 January 1978. Hope this assists your Westbury Families search.  If you can find anything to find the parents of Henry Westbury 1756 I would appreciate it. Regards Grahame

Offline Throwback2

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 28 March 19 00:10 GMT (UK) »
So much effort searching for the past when you don't make any effort with those who are alive. Sad.

Offline GWestbury

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 28 March 19 00:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Throwback2,

Sorry about the negative view of family searching, it does not mean we do not cherish and love those still alive and enjoying life!  Not so sad!
Cheers Grahame

Offline SusanWB

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 28 March 19 01:19 GMT (UK) »
Grahame,
I think it's great you have so much family history and want to know more! Ignore miserable people like Throwback. It's impressive you have such wealth of information of your family going so far back to 1700s. I only wish I could go that far back. Good luck with your search!
Susie

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 28 March 19 01:20 GMT (UK) »
So much effort searching for the past when you don't make any effort with those who are alive. Sad.

Having only made this one post, Throwback2, that's rather an unkind comment.  Please read the T's & C's,  which are particularly important for beginners, and you will see that Rootschat does not allow members to post details of living people!  It's simply  a matter of respecting their privacy on line!

"Any members who post details of living people, may have their posts removed or edited by a moderator,
RootsChat.Com » Beginners » Family History Beginners Board » Tracing Living Relatives."

"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections

Offline GWestbury

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: SusanWB
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 28 March 19 10:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue,

Thank you for your encouragement, not concerned about Throwback2.

Cheers Grahame

Offline westbury08

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 31 January 21 20:31 GMT (UK) »
I'm a Westbury and my paper trail dates back to Moses Josiah Westberry of Sumpter, South Carolina b.1722 d.1864. I have a FTDNA match (67 Markers) with a James Westbury whose earliest ancestor is Edward Westbury of Anyho, Northamptonshire England b. 1807. Does anyone have this connection? I have done extensive DNA research (BigY 7000) in the Westbury family as well if anyone would like to e-mail me
(*) for more details. Haplogroup is I-Y18697.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.