Author Topic: rowe-buckingham/millington family Alderney  (Read 7301 times)

Offline alderney

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
rowe-buckingham/millington family Alderney
« on: Wednesday 27 May 09 03:48 BST (UK) »
My family is from Alderney, i was wondering if anyone knew anything about the Rowe-Buckingham's (how far back they go and when the doubling of the surname came into being) and the millington family
My Mother's maiden name is Rowe-Buckingham, her father is Harry her mother is Aline (nee millington)
if anyone can help

Offline Tania Payton

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: rowe-buckingham/millington family Alderney
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 April 15 03:51 BST (UK) »
Have found out more information, seems the name may have come from Mary Arscott's mother's maiden name of howe which became Rowe.

Would like to know who Mary Louisa Rowe buckingham married, it seems she married a sharp but not sure of first name, she had a son archibald sharp who married a minnie.  to make matters complicated Mary Louisa's sister married an archibald sharp also.  There seems to be talk in the family of said sister Amelia went to canada.  Archiblad died of tb she returned remarried to Alderney with two of her children.  Her daughter and child were found two years later murdered at sharpe's farm, Amelia then disappeared.

If anyone has any information on this would be much appreciated

Offline tracybarnes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: rowe-buckingham/millington family Alderney
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 04 May 21 00:09 BST (UK) »
My grandmother was a Rowe from this family! One of 7: Myrtle,Winnie, Archie, bunter, iris, Clarence & Maude. Let me know if you have any more info. Would love to know.