Author Topic: 1891 Census Look Up Quebec City Henry Swift  (Read 4781 times)

Offline campanian-1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1891 Census Look Up Quebec City Henry Swift
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 15 September 16 19:05 BST (UK) »
Greetings.
I have detailed information on families of Robinson and Alice who are the brother and sister of Henry Swift. 
There was another sibling —  "Ann Swift" but I have no specific details except for the birth date.
RMW

In case you don’t have them... from the Drouin Collection at Ancestry:

Henry Swift of Quebec, Bachelor, was married by licence to Henrietta Williams of the same place, Spinster, this fifth day of September in the year of our Lord One thousand eight hundred and fifty three
I can’t make out the signature of who married them.
Contracting parties: Henry Swift, Henry Williams
Witnesses: Z. Williams – father, William Nightingale, Polly Ann ?

Henrietta Elvina Williams, wife of Henry Swift of Quebec City, stevedore, aged forty one years, died on the third, and was buried on the sixth day of January in the year of our Lord One Thousand eight hundred seventy four by me.
George V. Gonsman(?), Rector of Quebec
Present: H. Swift, husband and W.A.M. Swift, son

Henry Swift, Esquire, of the City of Quebec, Stevedore, aged seventy one years, died on the fifteenth and was buried on the seventeenth day of January in the year of our Lord One thousand eight hundred ninety nine by me.
R.W. Norman, DD, rector
Witnesses: W.A.M. Swift, son and M. Swift, son

Possible birth:

Henry, son of Matthew Swift of the City of Quebec, Stevedore, and of Alice his wife (formerly Alice Robinson) was born on the tenth and privately baptized on the twenty-seventh of May in the year of our Lord One thousand eight hundred and twenty seven by me
I can’t make out the signature of who made this entry but he was Chap to the Bishop of Quebec.
Present: Alice Swift, Samuel ?ebblewhite, Robert Boyes and Ann Hamilton

Henrietta Evelina, daughter of Zacheus Williams, of the City of Quebec, Tavernkeeper, and of Mary his wife (by her maiden name McLaughlin) was born on the thirty first of October in the year of our Lord One thousand eight hundred and thirty two and privately baptized on the same day by me
I. Brown, Evening Lecturer
Present: Zacheus Williams, father, Mary McLaughlin, Elena(?) Hall, Marget Davis, John Long
At the side it says Williams – Baptized and then there is a line leading to where is says “and received into the Church on the twenty fifth of November in the same year.

All entries are from Québec (Anglican Cathedral Holy Trinity church)

If you don’t have access to Ancestry.ca I would recommend at least signing up for a trial as you can get the images for all these entries and many others including the births/baptisms of Mary Jane (1855), Mathew (1859), Alvina (1860), Henry Zacchaus (1864), Albert Edward (1866), Arthur William (1870), Ernest Alfred (1874) and the deaths of Elvina (1861) and Charlotte (1863).

Charlotte’s birth/baptism and death were on the same page but I didn’t see a birth entry in the index so you would have to search for her burial. She was born 25 Sep 1862, baptized and died on 5 Mar 1863 and buried on 6 Mar 1863.

Jacquie