Author Topic: Help needed  (Read 2500 times)

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
Help needed
« on: Sunday 31 May 09 15:54 BST (UK) »
Hi... I am looking for information on an Irish woman who was in Lancashire, England in 1922. Her name is Anastasia (Stasin or Stasia) Sullivan born in Bouladuffe, Thurles, Co. Tipperary, Ireland. She left Liverpool in December of 1922 to go to America where she was to go to her sister, Margaret Sullivan and brother in law James Penny. Any information on this lady would be very helpful
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 May 09 16:03 BST (UK) »
An 'Anastatia' Sullivan is also shown leaving Queenstown for New York on board the 'Celtic' on 17th April 1921. Her occupation is given as 'servant'.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 31 May 09 17:37 BST (UK) »
That's her...but she did not travel aboard that ship as she was in Liverpool later that year when she sailed to New York in December
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 31 May 09 17:41 BST (UK) »
That's her...but she did not travel aboard that ship

Well....her name is on the list of passengers who embarked.

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 31 May 09 17:42 BST (UK) »
She's the one person on my dad's side that we have been trying to trace for ages..it's not going too well so far

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 31 May 09 17:51 BST (UK) »
but she did not travel aboard that ship as she was in Liverpool later that year when she sailed to New York in December
If you check out the Ellis Island website http://www.ellisisland.org/search/passSearch.asp you will find that she did indeed sail on the 'Celtic' in April 1921. She is shown as arriving in New York on the Celtic on 25th April 1921.
Her last place of residence is given as Callan, County Kilkenny, and her age was 17.

Jennifer

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 31 May 09 18:22 BST (UK) »
Hi...that's not the Anastasia that I am looking for. Her name was down to travel at the beginning of 1922 but instead for some reason, she chose to go to Liverpool, England and travel on the Baltic ship to New York in December 1922.

Offline Peanuts08

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 01 March 19 01:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am also looking for my grandmother on my father's side. I was told her name was Anastasia Sullivan and born Aug 2006 in Tipperary, Ireland. She came to the US in 1922 and had a sister in Buffalo, NY. She came to Massachusetts in the 1930. This was told down to me from my father and my be a little off on some dates. Please let me know if this could be same person you seek. I would love to know more about her.

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 01 March 19 02:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am also looking for my grandmother on my father's side. I was told her name was Anastasia Sullivan and born Aug 2006 in Tipperary, Ireland. She came to the US in 1922 and had a sister in Buffalo, NY. She came to Massachusetts in the 1930. This was told down to me from my father and my be a little off on some dates. Please let me know if this could be same person you seek. I would love to know more about her.

What should this year be?