Author Topic: Castle Hill Street Wexford  (Read 30104 times)

Offline Cog

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Castle Hill Street Wexford
« Reply #72 on: Thursday 30 April 20 13:40 BST (UK) »
Hi

Its been many years since I have re read these messages and since then have had DNA done and found direct cousins to my family in Castlehill Street. I am going through the messages again now that I have much more information and will post here for the wonderful people involved who have helped me further my research into finding my family. This is an amazing site and I have made many friends on here, to be able to return and go over the messages again because the information that I have been given even years later just slots right in with new family members that have come about because of DNA. I would just like to thank you all sincerely for all your help in getting me as far as I have come. Carol  :)
O'GRADY - DUBLIN,TIPPERARY,& ENGLAND
DOOLEY - TIPPERARY, CO LAOIS
KAVANAGH - DUBLIN
HARRIS- CLARE, CORK, & ENGLAND
BLANEY, DOYLE FURLONG -  WEXFORD
FURLONG-WEXFORD
MELICAN- CLARE

OTHER NAME INTERESTS - MORAN ,CORBETT, LILLIS, MCGERRY, MCNAMARA, MCGRANE, BRENNAN.....All County Clare & Scattery Island

Offline Gearoid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Thursday 30 April 20 17:16 BST (UK) »
Carol,
Good to have contact. I look forward to interesting news especially arising from DNA matches. I had mine taken recently (on MyHeritage) and it has brought up a few interesting links, but mostly needing further work.
Regards
Gearóid

Offline rattler

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday 08 July 20 17:22 BST (UK) »
Hello all.  I have been away from site for some time but today i dipped in and found these messages re Castlehill Street.  my Walsh family have always given me problems as Gt.grandad John Walsh married Mary Furlong two of the more popular names in the town.  In 1901 they were shown at 1 Castlehill Street having moved from King street a couple of years before and that is why i became hopeful when i read the latest post.   I can find no trace of them in the 1911 census but know that son William died there in 1905.  I have tried DNA but so far the only Walsh to contact me lives in Newfoundland with no knowledge of Wexford so I am hoping for a connection this time.  Fingers crossed  Anne
Wexford Town..
Harpur. O'Rourke. Foley. Walsh. Furlong.

Offline meojnan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Thursday 14 January 21 20:15 GMT (UK) »
hello,we have a connection to Patrick Furlong 1864/5 coachman  ,Castle Hill Street. John Furlong (5th child)was grandad but we cant find any information about him beyond his marriage to Mary Houlihan in 1927. A witness at his wedding is shown as being Mary O Grady. Any help gratefully recieved

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Gearoid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Friday 15 January 21 12:22 GMT (UK) »
Patrick Furlong was married to Mary Furlong, both same surname. Mary was a sister of my great grandfather Charles Furlong who lived a few doors away on Swan View, The Faythe (although his house was sometimes listed as Castlehill Street. Castlehill Street is now Kevin Barry Street. I can id both houses on Google Maps/Earth if you like.
Mary and Charles were the children of John Furlong d.1887 and Anty Kavanagh b. 1835 in Castlebridge, d. 1905. Both Anty and John died in Distillery Road, Wexford Town.
Hope this helps. I have a bit more on my MyHeritage site, "Kehoe Mac Eochaidh". Feel free to look. I only have one photo of Charles, which might be of interest.
Regards, Gearóid.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline meojnan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Sunday 17 January 21 10:24 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the information. :) Does anyone know if any of the Castle hill Furlongs moved to Birmingham or Manchester. I have found Christine Furlong and Charlotte Furlong in Birmingham on census records but I'm not sure if they are from this particular family.