Author Topic: Info re Margaret Green  (Read 3873 times)

Offline sharonc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Info re Margaret Green
« on: Thursday 04 June 09 12:53 BST (UK) »
I am hoping that someone can find out some information for me on MArgaret A Green. She was born around 1838 in what I think is Roscommon. Unfortunately I have no other info than that. I know she married a John Kelly, again no idea what year, although must be around 1860, as there 1st child was 1861. I would appreciate any information that anyone can give me, as I am at a loss finding out anything about this lady. I know she lived eventually in Bulwell, Nottingham.
Chesterton- Earl Shilton/Thurlaston; Cliff- Castle Donnington/ Notts; Craven- Castle Donnington; Kinnersley- Staffordshire/Hereford; Ford- Nottinghamshire; Kelly- Tyrone/Nottinghamshire; Hacker- Sussex/Wiltshire/Notts; Moore- Wolvey; Garratt- Leics; Grewcock- Leics; Bailey- Plymouth.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Info re Margaret Green
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 04 June 09 13:48 BST (UK) »
Fill BMD Civil registration started here in Ireland in 1864. Non-Catholic marriages were registered from 1845.

The Index to the Irish Civil registers is available on a familysearch pilot site :  http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=2;t=searchable;c=1408347

To trace further back than these date (e.g. to Margaret's birth) you will need to search for parish records.

I think some Co. Roscommon parish transcripts my be available on the paysite of the Irish Family History Foundation at www.irish-roots.ie

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests