Author Topic: Hatton Mary Ann  (Read 16236 times)

Offline Quaxer

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hatton Mary Ann
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 29 August 09 01:34 BST (UK) »
Fran
Thank you for your previous .I am more than pleased with all you turned up  but would like to regroup to get the connection between Adrien and Curran
The HG and Catherine marriage took place in 1821 so Catherine was born C.1800 The most complete line that I have created is the William one and Betham abstract shows neither Catherine or John Joseph as offspring of William. William died in 1805 and the 1761 Directory shows him and Paul as being in separate businesses.  Paul died on 23-5-1766 according to the Huguenot Parish Registers which also state Paul's children but William is not among them. His only male children are stated to be Thomas'another Paul and Isaac. It is possible that William who died in 1805 was the child of one of those 3 children of the Paul who died in 1766  .  Some parish registers for the 1740-1770 period were destroyed by fire by thieves when they could not find the church silver.
This is where the gap is  and the link I need. If any off your efforts could home in here from say 1720 - 176o that would be of  greatest help in solving this.

Regards  Quaxer

Offline Quaxer

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 29 August 09 02:04 BST (UK) »
Fran'
There is ashort history of the Adrien family in Sir Charles Camerons History of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland which together with medical certificates here and my late mother's input launched the boat for me .She often regretted that in her youth she had not bothered to listen to her father William Edward (1874-1946) when he liked to talk of old days. The oldest memory (oral) dates back to1878/9 when her father as a child accompanied his grandfather (William   L.R.C.S.E) on his rounds by pony and trap to his patients....Another world.T                   
T hat grandfather was the son of The John whom I mentioned before in connection with the United Irishmen.
John purchased No/19 Dawson Street in 1810 and used part of the premises as a Lying In Hospital for his country patients. The premises are now the headquarters of The Royal Irish Academy.

Regards      Quaxer

Sometime later I can recall alot of those activities if required but I should mention that he bought No.19 Dawson Street in 1810.

Offline Freya Ellingsen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • We build our pedigrees based on the proofs we find
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 29 August 09 19:12 BST (UK) »
January 9th 1865 indicates that  Charles Ribton Curran was called to the Bar
This has been now established as the son of Henry Gratton Curran.

The following name Graham is the married name of John Philpot Curran's only sister Bridget Graham nee Curran b.1756 d.1817 at 61yrs. She married Garret Graham d.1846
I have found the following children:
1.Philpot b.1803? m Alice Sargent
2.James
3. John Curran b.1785 d.1792
So looks like Maria Isabella Graham is either 2 or 3 wife? Shame they never mentioned husband! Dumb me must be 2 as john Curran would of be 7 when he died! Or there may of been other sons....
September 27th 1877 P.1 shows the death of Maria Isabella Graham widow of nephew of J.P.Curran
Hoping to find more of her and family when I get over to Ireland also her brother James my line!

Regards,

Fran ???

Brooker, Creagh Curran, Ellingsen, Evans, Hatton, Ryan, Slade, Campbell, Flett

Offline Eager Bega

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 09 September 09 10:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Fran
Was reading your post here.  Have pasted bit from that Graham tree I think I sent to you.  Philpot who married Alice Sargent was born 1775 according to this tree......but as these things are not accurate, I would say Philpot Graham (who I think now would be Philpot Curran Graham re the Australian Newspaper site search) was the first born of Garret and Bridget. 

I have been looking today and I believe Alice and Philpot Graham must have had several children after they married I believe in 1803.

In the newspapers there is a death notice for William Graham who died at his residence in Liverpool St. Hobart, on 15th January 1871, and it states he is the fourth son of Philpot Curran Graham, Newmarket, County Cork, Ireland, and nephew of the late Right Hon. John Phillpot Curran, Master of the Rolls.   

On the Colonial Archives of Tasmania it has the William Graham and others listed on the 'Lady East' 1833, this is the ship my William Robins and Joanna Elizabeth (Graham) came out on, but they continued on to Sydney.  The Graham family stayed in Hobart.    There is also a younger William and a Philpot Curran Graham and I think these would have come as children with William and his wife.  Hopefully the Archives have not made an error.   

The following is exerpt of research I think by a Michael Leader.
Fifth Generation
10. Philpot GRAHAM (Garret-4, George-3, Mr-2, Mr-1) was born @ 1775. Erected monument to his father, mother and
wife in Newmarket Churchyard; next gravestone is Philpot family, with same triangular stone...Philpot Graham 1809
Deed 1837
Deed 1839 of Long Acres, Co Cork
Deed 1829 of Newmarket
Deed 14-28 1841, dated 5 Jun 1841 Graham to Barry
A memorial of indenture of lease between Philpot Graham of Newmarket in the County of Cork, gentleman, and Nicholas
Barry of Newmarket of said County, farmer. Philpot Graham did consent to the yearly rent and covenants in said lease
mentioned demise, grant, let...to Nicholas Barry and his heirs...land of Scarteen in the possession of Samuel Gillman Thomas
Cushion and the said Nicholas Barry containing about 12 acres.
Alice was born in 1777. She died on 1 Nov 1815 in Newmarket, co Cork, Ireland. She was buried in Newmarket
Churchyard.

Hope you are on the mend.  Posted here so your other contact might view the info.   Cheers Mary.
Robins
Robbins
Graham
McCauliffe
Twyford Middlesex, England, Australia
Kimpton Middlesex, England
Garrett. Middlesex, England
Coldrick, Middlesex, England

Offline mcjools

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Robbins/Robins
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 23 January 10 11:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
I'm a newcomer who was recently directed to your posts in response to a query I made about my Robbins/Robins family research. Specifically *Walter Augustus Robbins - my paternal GG Grandfather. Until then I didn't even know what ship he had come out on as I have only recently started on that side of my family after hitting brick walls with the other side. The little information I have is more recent but some snippets of your other posts rang bells that could connect many pieces for me like where the 'Graham' comes from, can you confirm for me that William C. m Johanna/Joanna Elizabeth Graham? because their son *Walter and wife Ann had nine childen and they named one of their daughters Mary 'Graham' Robbins, and their first son Alfred 'Philpot' Robbins. Also is it a fact that *Walter was born on board the ship?
Did you find out about Lt. Charles Robbins and where he fits in? I found some info re him at the NSW State Records. I have many questions but will hold back as some of the answers to these questions might answer many other questions.
I look forward to hearing from you
Regards Jools

Offline mcjools

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 27 January 10 10:24 GMT (UK) »
*Have since found out that Walter Augustus Robbins and Ann (Smith) had twelve children.
Jools.

Offline elsie ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 12 August 10 09:45 BST (UK) »
Hello mcjools!

Perchance did any of your Robbins family have an association with Wilcannia, NSW?

Regards

Elsie

Offline mcjools

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 12 August 10 10:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Elsie,

Yes, they did indeed..quite a long association according to my humble findings. Dare I hope for some more or have you noticed my other posts???

Regards

Jools

Offline elsie ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 12 August 10 12:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Jools.

No I haven't read any other posts. I asked because some of our close extended family has connections to the Robbins family from Wilcannia.

Regards

Elsie