Author Topic: BAUMGARTNER family  (Read 33584 times)

Offline ripplez

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BAUMGARTNER family
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 01 March 11 09:06 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Simon.
I have Jacob Julian Baumgartner married to Tryce Mary Percy Parrat.  I have his parents as Jean Baumgartner and Susanne Villemjanne but have been unable to find any details re Jean and Susanne.  Would you have birth/death dates and places?  Do you go back even further? 
I  have some descendants of George Samuel here in Australia if you don't already have them.

Thanks
Carmel

Offline sleech

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 01 March 11 16:29 GMT (UK) »
Here's what I have on that line:

Jean Baumgartner b1702-d1790 m. Suzanne Ville Villemejane

Son of

Johannis Baumgartner b1676 m. Salome Warenfela

Son of

Hans Baumgartner b1647 m. Anne Spiser

Son of

Heinrich Baumgartner b1608 m. Ursula Salothe

Son of

Ulrich Baumgartner b1608 m. Maria Bürs

I would be very much interested in what you have on George Samuel.

Out of curiosity, do you happen to have an account through Geni.com? If so, all of my records to date are logged on there.

Simon

Offline ripplez

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 02 March 11 11:14 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much.  This is a treasure for me.
I am also on Geni - the Redmond Family (see my husband, Geoffrey Baumgartner)
Am I able to view your ancestors?
What relation are you to George Samuel?  He came to Australia for the gold rush, together with his brother Charles.  Charles then went on to search for gold in America while George settled in Heathcothe.

Offline sleech

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 02 March 11 16:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carmel,
I've sent you a collaboration request on Geni. You should be able to view the work I've added in. :-) From what I can tell, you are my fifth cousin once removed's wife...at least that's what Geni is telling me. :-)

Simon

Offline ripplez

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 03 March 11 11:54 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Simon - that is very exciting.  How much do you know about Robert Julian?  Did you know that he was in Australia in 1842?  Did he eventually make his way home to the UK? How many children did he have?  Who did he marry?  Do you have any photos?
Are you happy to keep answering my questions?

Cheers
Carmel

Offline sleech

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 07 March 11 16:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carmel,
Sorry for the delayed reply. I've been looking through all of my information and I have little of people's lives other than who they married. I had no idea that Robert Julian was in Australia. I know that he had 6 children (4 female - 2 male): Helen Phillipa, Violet Julia, Percy Henry Julian, Charles Thomas Joscelyn, Ethel Nixon and Grace Eva. Helen Phillipa was my Great Grandmother. There are certainly other branches of the tree that had people settling in Australia and New Zealand...but of the Baumgartner side of things I don't have much else. I would be interested in knowing what you have on George Samuel as that part of the tree is sorely lacking. :-)

Simon

Offline ripplez

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 09 March 11 09:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Simon,
If you would like to send me your email address on * I will send you what I have on Robert Julian and George Samuel if you are interested in their stories.

Cheers
Carmel

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline old aytonian

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 12 August 11 23:26 BST (UK) »
Hello there....I have just discovered that my Gt-Gt-Grandmother,  Louisa Selina Woods, (b.1850, Milton, Cambs) whom we knew to be the illegitimate daughter of a dressmaker named Susan Woods, named her father on her Marriage certificate as George Samuel Baumgartner.

This has been fascinating for me as I have discovered a wealth of information online about the Baumgartner family, including a website about Island Hall, Godmanchester (the "family seat"!) and the descent on his grandmother, Tryce Mary Percy Parrat's side, from Thomas Percy of Gunpowder Plot fame. All very exciting!

I assume from some of the posts on here that George Samuel went on to have a family in Australia, to where he emigrated in 1853. I also found mention that he died on 6 May 1866 in Heathcote, Victoria.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who can fill in some of the gaps for me, including any siblings of George Samuel. I assume that he didn't make an honest woman of poor Susan because of her lowly social status, being the daughter of an agricultural labourer!

Ta ever so,
old Aytonian.

Offline ripplez

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 13 August 11 00:58 BST (UK) »
Hi old Aytonian
The Baumgartner family tree can be found in great detail on Geni.
George Samuel emigrated to Australia in 1853 and I have letters written by him to his father in Godmanchester.  He married a Tasmanian, Christina Forbes, and they had five children, one of whom was my husband's grandfather.
Cheers
Ripplez