Author Topic: Burials at Maesteg Cemetery  (Read 1741 times)

Offline gwen9056

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Burials at Maesteg Cemetery
« on: Friday 12 June 09 06:44 BST (UK) »
My grandparents, Thomas and Caeridwen JAMES are buried at Maesteg Cemetery in Plot C-T-1634 along with an infant son and Caeridwen's brother Paul THOMAS.  Their son George Garfield JAMES (born 1903) and wife Lillian STOOT are also buried in that cemetery but I don't know the plot number.  I am still searching for their other sons, Silas John JAMES, born 1900 and his wife Dilys OWEN and Thomas Idris JAMES, born 1906.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
Cardigan:  James, Thomas
Monmouth:  Thomas
Glamorgan:  James, Thomas, Paul

Offline Cjames12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Burials at Maesteg Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 14 March 21 20:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gwen
I hope you get this after such time. George was my Grandad, so can add some content for you.
I hope you reply
Craig

Offline gwen9056

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 14 March 21 21:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Craig: 

So happy to hear from you.   My father was George's eldest brother, Emrys Penaur, born 1898.   Emrys emigrated to the Bahamas in 1922 and then the US, finally ending in Canada where he died in 1961.     I have a tree on Ancestry that I would be happy to share with you.    Do you have an online tree that I can view?   Also, pictures would be incredible.     Do you have any of Thomas and his family?    I hope to hear from you again.

Gwen

Offline Cjames12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 March 21 13:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gwen,
George died in 1976 and Lillian in 1980, they are close together in the Cemetry. We have no trees to share, I have to check with George's youngest son, Peter, who has been doing some work on family history.
My father, the third son Terence has some photo's that we are looking to digitize, but both activities have got caught out by the virus.
So, I will need to get the information for you.

I trust this is OK - we will hopefully be out of lockdown in Wales soon.
Kind regards,

Craig

Offline gwen9056

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 March 21 21:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Craig:

I have been patiently waiting for a relative of my father's to contact me so I consider that I am making great progress.   I have been doing genealogy for 20 years and have a fairly large tree.   You don't have to have an account to view public Ancestry trees and I would love it if you would spend some time looking at mine and letting me know what info might be wrong or missing.   There are photos of my dad and his brother Thomas that you might find interesting.   Once you are in my tree (James Family Tree) you will be able to message me directly and I can send you my email address.

Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Gwen

Offline Cjames12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 16 March 21 07:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gwen,
I spoke to my Father last night (Terence). He remembers Silas, he was a crown bowler of some repute and played for Wales Railways and mentioned how fussy Dilys was more that once.

He will walk up to the Cemetry today/tomorrow to check the plot numbers to see what is there, I'll probably speak to him again on Sunday.

He will speak to Peter, his younger brother, to see how his tree research has progressed lately.

Can you point me to where I need to see the James Family tree please?  I am keen to keep the conversation going, and email would be great.

My wife and I are due to be in Victoria in August but may postpone due to the virus, so its a small world still.

Kindest regards,

Craig