Author Topic: Luffman family name  (Read 11131 times)

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
Luffman family name
« on: Thursday 16 April 09 19:41 BST (UK) »
I am particularly interested in the following members of this family:
1) John Luffman (1776-1823) believed b Henstridge Somerset, illegitimate son of Betty Meatyard and William Luffman. Any information please.
2) Richard Luffman (1828-1903) b Alford Lincs, d Boston Lincs. Any information, particularly on his first marriage to Elizabeth Bierley.
3) Sydney Harold Luffman (1899-1971) Any information on him prior to 1940,
in particular WW1 service in the Cambridgeshire Regiment
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Luffman family all spellings all areas
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 April 09 19:44 BST (UK) »
Any information please on this family, all areas, all periods, all spellings i.e. Luffman, Lufman, Luffmann, Loughman etc.etc. I know of 13 variants.They are all related
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline suet1948

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Luffman family name
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 February 10 14:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi, you mentioned one of the Luffman family was sued for breach of promise, do you know the name of the person who made the complaint against him?

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 21 February 10 17:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Suet, I am told that the Luffman concerned was a George Luffman who had previously been employed as a footman at Belvoir Castle, and the case was heard at Reading c 1897. Welcome to Rootschat. When you have made two postings, but refer to the instructions for confirmation, you will be able to send and receive personal messages.

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 19 August 11 20:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Suet, I would like to send you a personal message about the Luffman family but at present am unable to do so until you have made 3 posts.

Offline suet1948

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 22 August 11 22:54 BST (UK) »
Do you know any members of the Luffman family who either were in service in London around 1898 or lived in the Pewsey area of Wiltshire?

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 23 August 11 11:53 BST (UK) »
What I do know is that my family certainly had connections in London at about that time. After the death of my grandmother in early 1901 my father aged 2 was adopted by his mother's sister in Wisbech Cambs, whilst his older sister aged 6 was similarly adopted by relatives in London. Can you give names please? Althouigh I suspect ancestral connections to the Wiltshire Luffman families this if correct is a very long time ago.

Offline confused73

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 29 March 12 20:41 BST (UK) »
Has anyone got a Sarah Luffman in their family, who married a Dowling about 1780/1790
Bottle,Wheatley Marsh, Williams, Dowling,    Penrose, Gilbert

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 30 March 12 20:55 BST (UK) »
Not so far as I can find.