Author Topic: LATTA Family / Arrived Canberra - Peerless  (Read 9716 times)

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with eldest grandson Nick, now 23
    • View Profile
Re: LATTA Family / Arrived Canberra - Peerless
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 08 April 15 10:00 BST (UK) »
Hello There.

And my apologies for not replying sooner to your request. As you can see, it is quite a long time since I did the research on the Latty family in Leeds, but it do's include your grandfather Alfred Holgate Latty.....This is what I know about David Latty

Born in c1832 at Hull, he was a child of John Latty c1800-1847 and Jane / Jean c1805-1862
He had siblings
John c1821-1884
William c1830-1844
James c1831-1849
Jane/Jean c1835-1862

David married Sarah Ann Fogden 12th July 1858 at St Peter's church Leeds. His address was given as Woodman Street.......

Their children were
Emma  baptised 24/09/1858. Died 1923
Sarah Jane 1861 died 1886
John W born 1865 he died in 1939
Fanny born 1867, she died in 1950
James Fogden Latty, born 1870 he died in 1944

And Hannah / Annie baptised 25th March 1863. However, she was not the child of David and Sarah, but that of Davids sister Jane , whose death was registered in the September qtr of 1862, so I imagine she died in childbirth, and her brother and his wife brought her up.

I have the information for all their marriages, so anything I can help with, please askI can even tell you where of the Latty's are buried too.

When you have made three posts we will be able to exchange emails, whereby I can send you a PDF

Hope this helps in the meanwhile

Best wishes

JeannieR
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline MrPestle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 08 April 15 10:56 BST (UK) »
JeannieR
Thank you so much. I have just made contact with a member of the family after 50 odd years(!) so hopefully my research will expand further in the coming months. The information on Annie/Hannah is very interesting - I certainly hadn't found that piece of family history out!

I'm sure I'll be back to ask you some more questions when I get stuck! I'll certainly post again so that we can exchange emails - :-)
Keep up the great work.

Cheers
AJL

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with eldest grandson Nick, now 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 10 April 15 07:13 BST (UK) »
Hello again

If it helps, I also ha e all the family history on your grandmother s family, the. Curtains

JeannieR
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline teresamct

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 07 December 21 19:02 GMT (UK) »
good evening from Kilmarnock, Scotland

i see it has been a number of years since the last post on this thread but thought i would reply anyway

i won't add any detail unless a response requires it but i am a direct descendant of the Latta family that went to Australia on the Peerless all those years ago. Robert (1805-1882) was my 3x great grandfather. i come from his son Robert Lindsay Latta that stayed here.

Teresa