Author Topic: Thomas Imrie  (Read 21230 times)

Offline celticart

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Imrie
« Reply #27 on: Monday 17 December 12 23:13 GMT (UK) »
hi,
i have a couple of photographs,the largest(15x11inch)has over 100 people all in their sunday best, lined up for the photographer outside a building with a large sign above an ornate entrance,the sign reads thos imrie &sons.seed store.
the smaller photo(8x6inch)has two women and fifteen men,some of whom are obviously related,and are also in the larger one,there is a date written on the back of the small one of 1880,large one has the name of photographer as..fergus,greenock

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline csc

• RootsChat Veteran
  • granny and grandad cursiter
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Imrie
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 18 December 12 06:08 GMT (UK) »
thanks thomas imrie nurseryman/seedsman is listed on my george imries death certificate as being his father no mother there so i think george was born to another woman and thomas imrie before he married katherine mckissock    our george was also a very successful business man  it would be very interesting to see your photo i will send my e mail to you on a personal message   thanks csc
DUMFRIES. KERR,DICKSON,BELL,HETHERINGTON,HILL
CUMBERLAND, CHARLTON,YOUNG,SPARKS,HEWITT,IRELAND. 
ORKNEY,CURSITER,DREVER,PEACE,COOPER,    
FAIR ISLE, MALCOLMSON,LESLIE.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.