Author Topic: ***COMPLETED***How many relatives do you have?  (Read 4395 times)

Offline Su

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Every time an Angel smiles a flower grows
    • View Profile
Re: How many relatives do you have?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 28 February 05 16:48 GMT (UK) »
Bloomin' heck Paul, does this mean I've got to ask to have me Great Great Grandad exhumed for a DNA sample ?

Su  :o :o :o
Barnett Altrincham/Manchester
Bates Hindley Lancs
Bowyer Altrincham Cheshire
Cunliffe Hindley
Hollingworth Hale Barnes/Mobberley Ches
Jones Salford/Altrincham
Ramsdale Hindley Lancs
Timperley Warburton/Dunham Massey
Yarwood Great Budworth,Lymm,Dumham Massey

All Census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright

Paul E

« Reply #10 on: Monday 28 February 05 17:19 GMT (UK) »
No need to give up!  I'm sure that amongst genealogists the veracity of their mothers, and their mother's mothers etc, cannot (almost uniquely) be called into question!  We're a special breed. ::)

Offline jinks

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Thomas Pye
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 28 February 05 22:24 GMT (UK) »
Just a minute

What about cousins and second cousins,

Marriage partners, children , grandchildren,
great grandchildren, great great grandchildren.....
.... and the world goes on....

8)
Ashton Lancashire
Eccles Lancashire
Fletcher Lancashire
Harwood Church/Darwen
Jackson Staffordhire/Worcestershire
Jenkinson Cockerham
Marsden Hoghton Lancashire
Mercer Lancashire/Yorkshire
Pye Wyresdale
Singleton Lancashire
Swarbrick  Longridge
Watt Scotland/Lancashire

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 28 February 05 23:33 GMT (UK) »
AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

up to 500 names in my tree and I've only got back to the late 1700s!

Thats just frightening!!

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline genjunction

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 15 March 05 23:58 GMT (UK) »
At the moment I have 4067 people in my tree related to me going back to the 1600's on 3 lines.

But, I thought there were less people on the planet in previous years - how come I could have over 2 million rellies.

I'd better get searching before I need a bath chair or insanity takes over from all this searching

Carol
www.wakefieldfhs.org.uk
wakefield family history sharing
Siddle, Sklinar, Officer, Hebden, Riach, Younie, Mitchell aka McKandie, Algar, Wilkinson, Haverson, Mucklow,
www.wakefieldfhs.org.uk

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stuck with John Jones in Wales? Join the club!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 16 March 05 08:34 GMT (UK) »
I posted this a while back, but have forgotten how to link to messages. No doubt some kind mod will amend it for me  ;D

I'd like to sell this off as mine, but as its available on several mailing list, I won't. Its funny just the same though.

Fact No. 1:
Everybody of us knows, that our ancestors double in number in every generation. Our parents had each two parents and they had, too – nothing new so far.
How far did you get back? The oldest ancestor of my daughter is number 50.688...

Fact No. 2:
The further we go back in time, the smaller was the world population. Sooner or later we find matches with other researchers. - Nice...

Now the paradox:
Lets say, every 25 years there is a new generation. (I know! Our generation usually needs a little longer to produce descendants. But in former times 25 years was a good age.) So back to the year 0 we would have 80 generations. How would the development of the world population look compared to the number of our ancestors?
In the year 2000 we had about 6.080.000.000 people on this earth and only me - or you - as the end of our pedigree.
Only 50 years ago, in 1950, there were only about 2.555.000.000 against the four of my grand-parents.
In 1900 1.550.000.000 people surrounded my greatgreatgrandparents, who were sixteen persons.

Let’s jump to 1750, when about 629.000.000 people ran around in the world, of whom 1.024 were my ancestors. In 1500 1.048.576 people of 425.000.000 shared my - or your - blood.
The best is still to come: In the year 1250 the world was populated by about 400.000.000 people. But my ancestors dominated them by far, being 1.073.741.824 in number!!!
In the year 1000 my 1.099.511.627.776 ancestors lived in a world with only 254.000.000 people.
About 500 my kinship had 1.152.921.504.606.850.000 members, but the globe had only 190.000.000.

And when Jesus was born my people crowded this planet with 1.208.925.819.614.630.000.000.000, where only 170.000.000 humans existed.

First question: Are we from Mars, though?
Second question: How did they get cope with environmental problems?
Third question: Who can name this number loudly?

That's it. I won't think about it anymore, because I need some sleep tonight. Probably somebody of you will be polite and explain this to me some time.

Stuck with:
William Williams of Llanllyfni
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio
David Davies of Llansanffraid
Evans: Caio/Carms
Jones: CDG, DEN

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Nor do I think that any other nation than this of Wales, or any other tongue, whatever may hereafter come to pass, shall on the day of the great reckoning before the Most High Judge, answer for this corner of the earth": The Old Man of Pencader to Henry II

Offline jinks

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Thomas Pye
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 17 March 05 20:00 GMT (UK) »
Sometime relatives marry relatives......
cousin marrys cousin....
2nd cousin marrys 2nd cousin...

How many people researching ancestors have
found that their partner was related before they
married.

My Paternal Grandfather told me My parents were
related prior to marriage.

I have not found proof yet.

But I have found the same surname/same area on
both lines.

An Ashton married into my Paternal Family and Maternal Family.

That may explain the population you may in fact lose! a few lines of research.. because they become the same.

Jinks 
 ;)
Ashton Lancashire
Eccles Lancashire
Fletcher Lancashire
Harwood Church/Darwen
Jackson Staffordhire/Worcestershire
Jenkinson Cockerham
Marsden Hoghton Lancashire
Mercer Lancashire/Yorkshire
Pye Wyresdale
Singleton Lancashire
Swarbrick  Longridge
Watt Scotland/Lancashire

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 17 March 05 20:15 GMT (UK) »
Scientist say that from DND testing and tracing that the whole of the human race is decended from just 4 women

Hows about that then!

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Paul E

« Reply #17 on: Thursday 17 March 05 20:35 GMT (UK) »
No men around at that time then, Willow? ;)