Author Topic: Thomas Bryson Butler look up appreciated  (Read 6343 times)

Offline snootycat

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Bryson Butler look up appreciated
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 24 June 09 15:17 BST (UK) »
Oh yes, thats a very good point. But what about if he named the person who eventually became his wife? I suppose she would have been left more?  I dont understand the legal implications and I think Scottish Law is different to English Law. If that were so why would there be an adjustment ten years later? Where they say he had contracted a vlaid marriage? Is it to wind up his affairs? I wonder if there is someone on Rootsweb who knows about the process thet would have occurred then?
I think there is a questions area.......

Offline turtle164

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 05 May 21 09:12 BST (UK) »
Just wondering if you might have found a connection to a James Patrick Butler who was also in Randalstown at this time. I think he may have been TBB's brother or uncle? He was certainly part of the Craigmore dynasty. He was an Elder at Randalstown Presbyterian Church for many years, as well as a Justice of the Peace and (1892) Magistrate for  Co. Antrim 1892. He was a well known shipping agent in the north of Ireland with excellent practical knowledge of America and shipping lines. He lived at Ormonde outside Randalstown. All best, Turtle

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 05 May 21 09:49 BST (UK) »
turtle164, just in case you hadn't realised, the thread starter, snottycat, was:

Last Active:Monday 23 October 17 23:17

If they still have same email address though, they should receive notification that you have posted on the thread.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .