Author Topic: Robert (DRUMMOND?) DAVIS - Died Forbes, NSW  (Read 5374 times)

Offline famhistbuff

• RootsChat Member
  • GG Grandfather Charlie (right).
    • View Profile
Re: Robert (DRUMMOND?) DAVIS - Died Forbes, NSW
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 23 June 09 03:30 BST (UK) »
did his  death certificate say  how long in  the colonies?

sorry  you  have said  that 35 years was it all in NSW

Jenn

Hi Jenn,

I can only assume it was all in NSW.  He was married, had children (although I cannot find them all) and died in NSW.

Lisa :-)
Wallace - Galway
Buck - Nottingham
Spafford - Nottingham
Embrey - Monmouthshire

Offline Rhonda N

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 16 December 17 01:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Robert Davis ( Drummond) was my great grand father, Davis is an asummed name, he & his brother were Drummond, changed name supposedly because wanted by police, but then became involved in Frank Gardner’s bush ranger gang, & again wanted by police.
My aunt told me all this prior to her death.
Davis daughter, Elizabeth was my grand mother, on my father’s side.

Offline Ed Fitzgerald

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 31 December 18 00:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello Lisa I was fascinated to just find your post and believe i have Margaret's parents details as below:
On the 13th January 1819, Thomas Edward Fitzgerald landed on the “Tyne” convict ship from England. 
As a fifteen year old he had been convicted of stealing a trunk and was subsequently sent to the colonies in 1818. He was born in 1798 (exact date unknown) in Dublin, Ireland and died at Forbes NSW on 17.9.1878 at Camp Hill, Forbes. His gravesite was lost when bushfires burnt the wooden crosses.
Known only as Thomas at this time he was married by Reverend Samuel Marsden at St John’s Church of England, Parramatta to Mary Gormon on 18.11.1828 (and then later to Mary Grumbley???).
His children: Ann   b 6.3.1830   d 7.5.1868 at Parkes married  James Thompson c 1848 at Carcoar
   Their children: Richard, James, Ann, Edward, Catherine, Phillip, Gertrude, Robert
   Margaret b 11.9.1831 d c. 1925 at Parkes married  Robert Davis (Drummond) at Parkes
Their children: Robert, Edwin, Frederick, Thomas, Elizabeth
         m. Thomas Reed at Carcoar, no issue
   Richard   b 1.9.1833 not married, killed 12.11.1913 by a falling tree at Tichbourne
   Edward b 13.2.1839 Sydney d 19.8.1839
   Mark   b 21.3.1841 (mother Mary Grumbley)  d 2.1.1920 married Elizabeth Keeley in Church of England 27.12.1861. Elizabeth was born 1845 at Maitland and died 2.5.1863 Her father James Keeley, a stonemason. One child, deceased.
      2nd marriage to Annabelle Thorpe 19.3.1866.
My family is then descended from Mark who was my great great grandfather. On 13th January 2019 we are planning a get together in Sydney near where the family was raised. Would love to see you and compare notes if you can make it, if so, I will provide our meeting place, kind regards Ed Fitzgerald