Author Topic: Sinclair/ Wallace New Zealand  (Read 6356 times)

Offline DonHutton38

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sinclair/ Wallace New Zealand
« Reply #18 on: Monday 01 January 18 06:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello Dianne,

The ship which brought my ggg uncle Andrew Hepburn (1801 - 1873) and 1st cousin 4 times removed George Sinclair (1800 - 1875) to Otago in 1857 was the "George Canning." Several other members of the related Hepburn and Sinclair families and spouses were also on this ship including my great grandfather William Hepburn (1834 - 1887) and my 3x great grandfather James Paterson (c1776 - 1861).

It was George's daughter Mary (1836 - 1936) who married John Wallace in Dunedin in 1861, not Mary Murray Sinclair (c.1873 - 1913) who was a single woman. James Spencer Hepburn Wallace (1877 - 1916) was the 7th of 9 children of Mary & John.

I have more information about the Sinclairs and Hepburns researched in the years since I last contributed to Rootschat. It would be easier by normal email if you're interested in more details.

Don Hutton

Offline dreeves

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 01 January 18 09:15 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for replying Don. I would be interested in your  citations for this info as my father alway said his great grandmother was Mary Murray Sinclair. I’ve got her living from1839-1936.It would be good to continue by email. I’ve only just joined Rootschat so am not sure how we communicate by email as we don’t reveal that do we?
Dianne

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 01 January 18 16:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dreeves welcome to RootsChat.

You can contact Don by replying to the thread just as you have done so there is no need to give away email addresses. If the information concerns living folk then you can send don a PM.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk