Author Topic: Thanks again  (Read 553 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thanks again
« on: Tuesday 23 June 09 23:33 BST (UK) »
I`m not sure this is the correct place to post this message but here goes. Some time ago I was given enormous help by RootsChatters, notably Trish and Winston but others contributed also ,with solving a Family History mystery which I would not have solved on my own. I found my long lost great grandmother who was mis-named by the enumerator in the 1891 census. As a result I have traced her to birth . Next month I am visiting Lincolnshire and staying in Lincoln to search first hand the records and then visiting Spalding which is  the nearest town to Pinchbeck where she was born and there is a chance I can find her parents` (my great,great grandparents ) grave as I am informed by Lincs County Archives that all graves have been recorded and can be found. That seems too good to be true but I am hoping.So Thankyou again and I`ll let you know.After searching for her under one name for so long her real name made her almost a stranger to me but now I feel I know her . I am damning Hitler because all photos were lost in the  1940 Christmas Blitz on Manchester when her sons`, ( my grandad`s )house was bombed.  She died from a disease which my daughter suffers from but nowadays it is treatable. It seems macabre sometimes to want to know the cause of death of an ancestor but in this case it was extremely useful in diagnosing my daughter`s condition because although not hereditary as such it is familial. So hope this reaches all who so kindly helped. Viktoria.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.