Author Topic: FAULKNER Family Leighton Buzzard/Linslade  (Read 10635 times)

Offline bibadeb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: FAULKNER Family Leighton Buzzard/Linslade
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 01 April 10 14:30 BST (UK) »
Hello there.
Re Leonard Faulkner -
The one in my family was Leonard Frank b 1913 d 1977 . Lived at 'Canalside', Linslade and buried in Old Linslade churchyard. He had two children, John and Sally.
His father was my great uncle Frank Thomas Faulkner b 1866 married to Hilda Creamer. Frank was the elder brother of my grandfather George Albert b 1888 d 1663. Everyone born in Linslade/Leighton Buzzard.
My grandfather had 5 brothers but only two survived to adulthood and the eldest brother William James b 1880 had an adopted daughter,
My bit of the family ends with John Faulkner ( Leonards son ) and any children and grandchildren he  had, hence my post for info.
It seems more than a coincidence that you have Leonards in your family, they all seemed keen on naming babies after brothers, uncles and the like which caused me all sorts of confusion trying to work out who was who. i had a lot of Williams and Sarahs in my tree! but i can't find any direct link to my branch. There are lots of girls so the name is lost. The only one I haven't any information on is Frederick George Faulkner b 1864 son of John 1837 - 1872 and Marianne Honor
All his siblings were girls
Sorry. i don't think this is of much help to you but I hope you manage to track your ancestors down. Its fascinating stuff. Best wishes Debby

Offline Catsclaws

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 30 May 11 23:32 BST (UK) »
Hello Everyone .. I think we are all distantly related on the Faulkner side . My great Great Grandmother was Susannah Faulkner 1835 she was Married to Edwin Daniels who was a  Canal Boatman . Her Father was James Faulkner 1806  who was married to Elizabeth Pashley and his father in turn was John Faulkner1780 who was married to Sarah Rowley , and his father was John Faulkner 1749 married to Anne Collier . Loads of Boatmen and Lock Keepers in the family . Its lovely to see there are still living members . Does anyone here have any photos of the family ? Im looking for one especially of James  or his daughter Susanah .
Regards Jean .

Offline bibadeb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 25 June 11 18:33 BST (UK) »
Hi there.
I've been meaning to reply for ages, but life has got in the way!
My branch of the family is descended from John and Sarah ( Rowley ) son William born 1803 ( I think, from memory! All my family tree papers are in disarray after some jobs being done on house ) All my lot were in the pub trade in Linslade/Leighton Buzzard. I have complied an extensive family tree.
My cousin John has the most fantastic archive - scrapbooks, old photo's, documents etc relating to our bit of the family, but is in contact with other family members who are descended from the canal boat Faulkners, and I believe he has info on Susannah and her family. Don't know if there are any photos.
There are quite a few of us cousins around which is great.
Give me a bit of time, and I'll get back to you with info i have that hopefully will be useful to you.
All the best, Debby

Offline Catsclaws

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 25 June 11 18:48 BST (UK) »
Hello Debby ..
I too am Descended from John and Sarah .. Susannah Faulkner was my Grt grandmother and I am from the canal side of the family . I haven't talked to John but am in contact with A descendant of Sarah faulkner . I do have some photos and quite a few of my Grt Grandmother Elizabeth Daniels .. Susannah Faulkners daughter . I look forward to talking to you so we can swap info and make a connection to John .
Its cool to be a member of such a large family .. Best wishes Jean :)

Offline jane harrison

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 25 December 11 21:27 GMT (UK) »
hi, i have a few Leonard Faulkner's in my family one is my great uncle who's father was Albert g Faulkner and mother was Martha e Osborne, the other Leonard is Albert g Faulkner's brother Leonard john Faulkner do any of these names mean anything to you, i know this is quite an old post but would appreciate your help with Faulkner family history if they do many thanks

Hello i am related to the Stevens ,Harrisons & Wrights canal people @ Linslade
all on my grandads side on my nans side her mother was an Osborne who married a Hale also canal people.