Author Topic: SHELLARD brothers to USA and RSA  (Read 9703 times)

Offline EDO

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: SHELLARD brothers to USA and RSA
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 02 January 10 23:00 GMT (UK) »

More information:
His full name-
Frederick William Blainey SHELLARD
He was travelling Third Class
There were no other Shellards on the ship.

http://www.titanic-titanic.com/third_class_passengers.shtml

Hope this helps a little more

EDO

Offline EDO

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 02 January 10 23:11 GMT (UK) »
 :D More information::: :D

Mr Frederick William Blainey Shellard, 55, was born on 3 April 1857 in Bristol. He was the son of Stephen Shellard and Martha (née Blainey). At the time of the 1881 census  he was living with his father and step-mother Sarah at 94 Egerton Road, Horfield, Bristol. Frederick married on 25 December 1882 to Mary Harriet Greenham and together they had five children.

Frederick William, Reginald John, Ernest, Edith and Gertrude. By 1895 the family were living at 280 Newfoundland Road, Bristol. Frederick worked as a carpenter before changing trades to become a painter. He emigrated with his family to Troy, New York where they lived at 1004 Jacob Street.

Shellard had returned to England to visit relatives who lived at 520 Gloucester Road, Horfield, Bristol. For his return to America he travelled on Titanic which he embarked at Southampton with his friend, Thomas James Everett, also originally of Bristol. The men travelled in third class under ticket number 6212. They had been due to travel on the Philadelphia but were transferred because of the coal strikes.

Shellard was lost in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.

His family received a payment from American sources of $987.69.

Sources
Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55[279])

http://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/titanic-victim/frederick-william-blainey-shellard.html

There is much more information available on the Internet..............

Regards

EDO

Offline seemex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 26 September 20 06:03 BST (UK) »
Hi My name is Julie and my maiden name was Shellard. I have connections to Gloucester but the names that you mention do not ring a bell. However, when you mentioned Canada that did. Do you know of Maureen Gill who lives in Canada she is also part of the Shellard clan?

Regards

Julie

I saw a post by Maureen Gill on Genealogy.com but couldn't answer it. I'm interested in a Harry Valentine Shellard, and artist who was born in UK about 1878. He went to the USA, arriving at NY on the Lusitania in 1913. He married Alice Southam Hunter in New York in 1917. He and his wife returned to the UK and were there in 1936 and maybe onward. He died in 1958 and his wife in 1956 I believe. May not be the same Shellards but close. They also travelled to Canada in 1923, sailing from Liverpool to Montreal. He was known for his miniature portraits as well as designs for churches etc. He did watercolor and oil paintings. If anyone knows of him or if he fits your family, I'd love to exchange info.
Hunter, Southam Thomson, White, Cock, Beesley

Offline mogill

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 28 November 22 02:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
Harry Valentine Shellard was my Great Uncle. I never met him unfortunately, but have a piece of his art which I purchased a number of years ago.
Maureen Gill- Canada.