Author Topic: COMPLETED THANKS - James & Ann PARKIN - Census details 1871, 1891 & 1901 please  (Read 8698 times)

Offline watchbelow

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello,
         I am intrigued by your connection with the Parkins of Chaloner Pit. My maternal grandmother was Honor Annie Parkin who was born at Chaloner and lived there most of her life. I look forward to hearing from you.

Offline Soureau

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Good afternoon,

Thanks for your mail.

My connection with the PARKIN family is through Ann WRIGHT (born Osmotherley 1844), the wife of James PARKIN born Middlesmoor c1835.

Ann WRIGHT was my Great Grandmother's elder sister, and my interest has been essentially with the WRIGHT family.

I haven't explored the mariages of the PARKIN children I must confess, but if it's any help Ann & James had 7 children as far as I know:
Eleanor, born 1867, Hannah born 1868, William born 1870, James born 1873, Robert Wright born 1875, Joseph Layfield born 1876 and Theodore born 1880.

The family appear at the Chaloner Pit address in the 1881, 1891 and 1901 censuses. I haven't found anyone at this address in 1911 though.

If I can be of any further help, let me know.

Regards,

Nick

Offline watchbelow

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello Nick,
               thanks for that. Robert Wright Parkin was my great-grandfather, fondly remembered by my mother.
Many thanks again,
Mark.

p.s the photo shows part of the mine with Chaloner Pit Cottages in the background.