Author Topic: A little french mystery: DUPEYRON  (Read 6792 times)

Offline Lin Up a Tree

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: A little french mystery: DUPEYRON
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 09 August 09 03:38 BST (UK) »
Hi jorose! :*) :*) So lovely to hear from you again & do hope you're well.

I did search right through all the Dupeyron certs on that site in hopes for some connection or further leads, but unfortunately at this stage none of them contain any mention of familiar names or birthplaces etc.

Such an excellent point about the post-1904 possibility though, I completely missed that! :*) I will try now to contact them to see if it's possible there was a post-1904 death certificate for Justin Dupeyron.

And thank you very much for the info re: the mairies -- I'll keep being patient :*)

I know, it's amazing how many places they lived! In answer to your question, Eugene was not resident in Algeria & he and his wife were not present at their daughter's marriage there. It appears Eugene was already living in Guernsey by that stage (though La Société Guernesiaise didn't have information on him when I asked), and his wife Marie MACÉ was still living in France (she stayed there in Lantic until her death on New Years Day 1893). They both gave their separate written consent to the marriage.

:*) L x
HELLIWELL (Sowerby/Bradford WRY, Wellington NZ, Sydney AU)
>> also West Yorkshire: PARKINSON, RICHARDSON, RAISTRICK,
ACKROYD, BERRY, BREARLEY, BELLHOUSE, DODGSON, BRAYSHAW,
WALTON, MITCHELL, PICKLES, ASHLEY

MARSHALL (Jersey CI, Middlesex, Sydney AU)
BILLINGS / BLACK / SHEPPARD (Essex, Middlesex)

CODDINGTON (Lincolnshire, NSW Australia)

HOWE / HOLMES / BATTERSHILL / KIRTON (Devon)

DUPEYRON / LE MÉE (France, Guernsey CI)
DUFAU / DUBRANA (France)

Offline Gwenn02

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 11 August 09 01:08 BST (UK) »
And we are in August ... long vacation time everywhere in France ... maybe in September more luck

The Mairies don't tend to be particularly fast in getting back to you - for old fashioned postal mail it usually takes at least six weeks to get an answer.  Also it's August and half their staff at least are probably on holiday.
GILLIES (ROC/Applecross/..);   
MACDONALD  (ROC/Applecross/..);   
MACDONALD (INV/../..);   
MACRAE (ROC/Duirinish, Lochalsh/..);   
MCKENZIE (ROC/Applecross (Milton)/..);   
MCLENNAN  (ROC/Applecross/..);   
MCLEOD  (ROC/Applecross/..);   
MOFFAT CUL/Alston, Penrith/..);
JONES (Menzies Ferry, NZ, Monmoutshire, Wales, Inglewood, Pleasant Creek, Australia)
McPike (Melbourne, Inglewood, Pleasant Creek, Derry)

Offline Lin Up a Tree

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 11 August 09 02:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Gwenn! :*) :*) So lovely to hear from you too & also hope you're well.

Yes, you're exactly right; after jorose mentioned this I looked for details on the internet & I read that many businesses in France are closed for holidays right through July and August. And I suppose even when they re-open, it will take time to settle in and concentrate on other more important things than my little questions. But I'm excited at the prospect that there's at least a chance now to find more information. :*)

I have now written to both the Condom/Gers mairie, as well as the French Algerian archives. I also took a stab in the dark & wrote to a company in Condom called Maison Ryst-Dupeyron.

I know that last one is a long shot, but they seem to know a lot of history on a Dupeyron family from Condom (who have been makers of Armganac since the rule of Napoleon). It may all be a coincidence, but I thought it might be worth asking whether they knew if Justin Dupeyron was part of their family.

I'll be sure to let you know if any of these leads pan out! :*)
HELLIWELL (Sowerby/Bradford WRY, Wellington NZ, Sydney AU)
>> also West Yorkshire: PARKINSON, RICHARDSON, RAISTRICK,
ACKROYD, BERRY, BREARLEY, BELLHOUSE, DODGSON, BRAYSHAW,
WALTON, MITCHELL, PICKLES, ASHLEY

MARSHALL (Jersey CI, Middlesex, Sydney AU)
BILLINGS / BLACK / SHEPPARD (Essex, Middlesex)

CODDINGTON (Lincolnshire, NSW Australia)

HOWE / HOLMES / BATTERSHILL / KIRTON (Devon)

DUPEYRON / LE MÉE (France, Guernsey CI)
DUFAU / DUBRANA (France)