Author Topic: find Survivors of my family in wales  (Read 5037 times)

Offline AileenHJ

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
find Survivors of my family in wales
« on: Saturday 26 February 05 08:52 GMT (UK) »
My grand father was Richard William keston Von  Hughes Jones, he died in Asuncion Paraguay 1939 aprox, he have a lot of family in Wales , sisters and brother, and nefews ect. He have two childrens, my uncle Richard William, live in Argentina with his family, one daugter only. and my mother Frances Maryam (Aileen) Hughes Jones, she died of a card accident in Argentina 1966, only one daugter, me, Diana Cristina Movia Hughesjones, I am looking for my family  that I know  they live in wales in the city of Criccieth or something like that, they have a casttle near the water, please Help me find then, I live in Los angeles for 30 years with my own family, my husband last name is
Garrido

Offline Welsh Jen

• Dyfal donc a dyr yr garreg!
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: find Survivors of my family in wales
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 February 05 12:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello AileenHJ Welcome to Rootschat  ;D

It was more than likely that your Father's family lived near to Criccieth Castle. Here is a link which will show you photographs and a history of the castle: http://www.castlewales.com/criccth.html

Here is also the Genuki link for Criccieth: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/CAE/Criccieth/

With the surname Jones (or Hughes Jones) it would be quite difficult to find your living relations, as these surnames are very common in Wales, so unfortunately more information is needed.

I wish you all the very best with your search
Regards Jen  :D

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stuck with John Jones in Wales? Join the club!
    • View Profile
Re: find Survivors of my family in wales
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 March 05 09:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Aileen,
picking up on the mention of Argentina - is it possible that the family emigrated to Patagonia, where there is still a Welsh settlement around Puerto Madryn?

It is a very long way from Asuncion though, but just a thought.
Stuck with:
William Williams of Llanllyfni
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio
David Davies of Llansanffraid
Evans: Caio/Carms
Jones: CDG, DEN

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Nor do I think that any other nation than this of Wales, or any other tongue, whatever may hereafter come to pass, shall on the day of the great reckoning before the Most High Judge, answer for this corner of the earth": The Old Man of Pencader to Henry II