Author Topic: 1841 / 1851 Sudbury - JOHNSON  (Read 3199 times)

Offline linnet27

• RootsChat Senior
  • G Grandfather Edmund
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 / 1851 Sudbury - JOHNSON
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 23 October 08 21:59 BST (UK) »

Rick and Bryant

I think I may have found my Henry Johnson, it looks as though he may have been born in Halesworth.

I have found a family of Johnsons with the parents of William and Maria living in Chediston Street ( these being  Henry's grandparents ) on the 1861 census although he is recorded as Harry !!!! and it looks as though his mother was Elizabeth, with a maiden name of Denny .

So thanks to you both for helping me

Regards

girlsticher

Hi

I came accross this having searched on Johnson and Halesworth to see if I had missed anything prior to joining Roots.  I have similar names, but there are some differences and I wonder if I have missed something, or got it wrong.  I would hate to find I am tracing the wrong family!

I have William Johnson (1799) married to Maria. They have children Charles, Samuel, Maria, Hezikiah, Hepzibah, William, Sidney, Eliza, Ephraim, Harriet and George and possibly Alfred and Phillip.  However, there is no Henry (Harry).

William snr. is a chimney sweep and his son William (b 1831) is described as Artist and Colourist in 1861, Artist landscape painter in 1881 and 1891.

Sidney (b 1833). is my husband's 2 x ggrandfather.

I would be grateful for any reassurance that I am on the right track.  Perhaps "girlstitcher" and I have ancestral in-laws in common, although I haven't come across the Denny family.

Thanks

Lynne
Mosedale- Notts/Staffs
Wright- Alkborough & Barnoldby le Beck, Lincs
Thorpe - Elkesley, Notts
Lane - Harby, Notts
Ingledew - N. Yorkshire
Beacock - Bonby, Lincs
Johnson - Halesworth, Suffolk & Essex

Offline Sarah Springall

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 24 January 18 19:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I know it's been quite a while since your post but I believe I could be distantly related to you!
My great, great, great grandfather was Hezekiah Johnson. It would be great if you could get in touch.

Offline linnet27

• RootsChat Senior
  • G Grandfather Edmund
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 25 January 18 18:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sarah, I am still here! Happy to share information with you.

Lynne
Mosedale- Notts/Staffs
Wright- Alkborough & Barnoldby le Beck, Lincs
Thorpe - Elkesley, Notts
Lane - Harby, Notts
Ingledew - N. Yorkshire
Beacock - Bonby, Lincs
Johnson - Halesworth, Suffolk & Essex