Author Topic: Leighton Browswold Registers Wimpress Family  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Millsrj

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Leighton Browswold Registers Wimpress Family
« on: Wednesday 08 July 09 22:00 BST (UK) »
Wimpress /Winepress of Leighton Bromswold

Can someone help with a look up for Wimpress Families in Leighton Bromswold registers that have I think been copied. I have traced all my family since they went to Easton and Ellington from earlier registers in 1700's, however a Marriage has come to light of a Joseph Wimpress in 1691 in the above registers. They were copied on LDS files but there is no references to Births and Deaths. Does anyone have  /or seen a copy to help me out please. I have marriages and births from Easton in early 1700's

Many thanks

Roy
Pilch family from Norfolk, Mann family from Norwich
Mills, Wimpress family from Huntingdonshire
Arbon family from Graveley Cambridgeshire

Offline Sue222

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Leighton Browswold Registers Wimpress Family
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 July 09 12:27 BST (UK) »
Apart from the 1691 marriage between Joseph Wimpriss and Mary Howes (who was a widow) there is nothing else for Wimpress/Winepress, etc in Leighton Bromswold until 1817.

Offline Millsrj

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Leighton Browswold Registers Wimpress Family
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 July 09 23:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sue,

Much appreciated for the prompt reply, I was hopeful as I'm trying to get a link with marriages in Easton in early 1710-1725. It would have shown children who married in Easton as being children of the couple (I think 5 of them marrying) one of which was a Joseph Wimpress according to the Easton registers but they are are only from the early 1700's. Other than Easton and Ellington, no other references are made with this name that I know of, perhaps over the border in Northamptonshire. It is of course possible that with Joseph marrying a Widow he may have come from over the county border in Northamptonshire.

Roy
Pilch family from Norfolk, Mann family from Norwich
Mills, Wimpress family from Huntingdonshire
Arbon family from Graveley Cambridgeshire