Author Topic: SEABORNE Vowchurch  (Read 16250 times)

Offline cardiff Irish

• RootsChat Member
  • Fuair mé nuair nach maibh mé ag cúrdach
    • View Profile
SEABORNE Vowchurch
« on: Saturday 26 February 05 16:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi All, I have been researching Seaborne family for over 18 months. There was a very large number of Seaborne's from Vowchurch. Some moved to Hay, Brec. .....welsh coalfields and surrounding area.If  anyone has a Seaborne (however spelt) interest from the general area of Vowchurch I would be delighted to hear from them. Regards,Kevin.

Offline Mrs Food

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SEABORNE Vowchurch
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 August 06 12:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Kevin,

Sorry I'm a year late replying to your post! Have only recently come across it.I have a Thomas Seaborne in my tree. He was born in Ewias Harold, Herefordshire 1857. His father was also Thomas Seaborne born in Michaelchurch abt 1833, and his father was Mathew Seaborne born abt 1797, not exactly sure where he was born.
Thomas Seaborne b 1857 married Sarah Ann Dix in Kingstone in 1883. He had met her when he went to work in the Rhondda Valley Coalmines. They moved over to Llangeinor in the Ogmore Valley eventually. I am not a direct descendent of theirs, Sarah Ann was my gggg aunt, but I still find it of great interest to find out about indirect family members as well as my direct ancestors.
All the best
Mrs Food

Offline grahamw197

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 May 08 21:23 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have just started to research my family tree and found that I am related to the Seabornes in Herefordshire. I have basic information which goes back several generations, but am interested to find out more. My tree can be seen on www.ancestry.co.uk
Many thanks
Graham.

Online KiwiRose

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 22 May 08 09:28 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I am researching a branch of the Preece family and have  just discovered a Martha Seaborne who married William Preece in Abbey Dore in July 1810. The couple were living in Cockyard in the 1841 census. Her age was given as 55 years. Only one child, William, aged 20 years was living at home. I have no other information regarding Martha but would love to learn more.

Regards,

KiwiRose.
Ireland:
County Antrim: Carrickfergus District: Irwin, McAllister, McNeil, Moore.
County Clare: Barrett.
USA:
Washington State: Moore, Hoyt, Sinclair, Johnson, Palmateer, Larrabee.
California: De Curtoni.
New Zealand: De Cartoni, Lofquist, Harding.

Offline phill seaborne

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 27 August 08 21:43 BST (UK) »
I wonder weather any one can assist me i`m looking for any info on my grandfarther his name was Francis Frederick Seaborne. I have been told by my farther that my grandfather came from the Abergavenny area how true this is i`m not sure,but he moved to Ludlow Shropshire where he lived and died, any assistance would be greatly appreaciated yours Phillip Seaborne.

I am sorry but this user's emails are no longer working
origins and family history of seaborne surname

Offline Trilobite

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 19 October 08 23:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Cardiff Irish,

I have quite a few seabornes in my family tree. I have John Seaborne circa 1780 b. Kinnersley wife Mary. I only have one child of theirs William Seaborne circa 1801 b. Kinnersley. William then married Elizabeth Whiting in Almeley on 3rd June 1830.

They had several children including; John, William, Ann, Mary, Thomas, Elizabeth, Richard and Ellen. William born 1801 lived in Almeley once married until his death in 1885.

Ellen Seaborne was my gt gt grandmother.

I have noticed that there are clusters of Seabornes (and any other way it is spelt) in Almeley, St Margarets and Vowchurch amongst others. Have you managed to make a connection between them all?

Trilobite
Durkin - County Mayo & Bradford, Yorkshire
Linskey - County Mayo & Bradford, Yorkshire
Cannon - County Sligo & Bradford, Yorkshire
O'Hara - County Sligo & Bradford, Yorkshire
Hilditch - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wilcock - Preston & Burnley
Horsfield - Bury
Howard - Liverpool
Wilson - Scarborough
Gibson - Scarborough
Normandale - Scarborough

Offline seabsy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 06 July 09 20:10 BST (UK) »
My family name is Seabourne and came from Weobly and Canon Pyon. They then came to Monmouthshire to work in the coalfields etc. Best wishes Beverley
seabourne hereford pope wilcox worcestershire targett seabourne vann monmouthshire wedlock vann bristol pope marylebone

Offline dudleylad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 03 January 10 20:33 GMT (UK) »
My great great great grandmother was a woman named Emma Seabourne  Born in 1833 in Peterchurch her father was John Seabourne born 1806

I would love any further information on the Seabournes

Emma married Mark Skyrme who was from Vowchurch, I was told a few years ago that many Seabournes and Skyrmes originate from Vowchurch and the surrounding areas

I have visited a couple of times and its a lovely if very tiny place

Offline Pontygirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • All the questions I never thought to ask!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 21 July 10 11:53 BST (UK) »
Hi
I'm quite new to Roots, and am looking for my great uncle Albert John Bowen (b 1896) who I think might have married a Gwyneth Seabourne in Pontypridd Glamorgan in 1924.  I know Albert was in Evesham working in a shop during the 1930's but after that have no further info. Would love to know if you know of any connection with your Seabournes?
Thanks so much.
Pontygirl.
Bowen, Lavender, Hier, Hire, Miller, Pontypridd, Monmouth, Freystrop, Hook, Pembrokeshire