Author Topic: DOHERTY brothers - NSW/VIC  (Read 4888 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: DOHERTY brothers - NSW/VIC
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 11 July 09 04:12 BST (UK) »
I can't find marriages/deaths in NSW for Lancelot/Lionel or Charles.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 11 July 09 04:20 BST (UK) »
I haven't been able to find any electoral listings either.

So do we have a case of bigamy here?

There are many requests on various forums about Stratford Canning DOHERTY and after reading them I don't think we have found anything not already known however we can't seem to find anything about his sons of his first marriage.

Perhaps our resident library sleuth judb may be able to have a look at the Stat Dec at the NLA ;D

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 12 July 09 00:44 BST (UK) »

So, were the boys in Sydney?

John, where in Sydney was the cremation?

Who was the informant on her death certificate?

Jamjar

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 12 July 09 01:34 BST (UK) »
I'll be at the Nat Lib on Wed/Thurs probably so will have a read of that document then.  8)

Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jh1247

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 13 July 09 11:32 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Further details to answer. The 1921 electrol roll for Bega area, Lionel was still living with his mother, no sign of his brother Charles.
Both boys were listed as "living" on their mothers death certificate 1937.
She died in Bega then cremated in Sydney (wonder why).

Apparently Stratford Doherty got around a bit. Left England for Australia did some work around the Riverina area, went back to England. Then sailed off to Nova Scotia, Canada failed there, then eventually arrived back in Australia. Joined the Police Force at Bega NSW, didnt last long. After marrying Mary Hayes and giving birth to 2 sons shot through to Victoria without saying goodbye.
No divorce records either.

John

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 13 July 09 12:00 BST (UK) »
Yes, it seems odd to bring her all the way to Sydney. Maybe it was cheaper than the family all going to Bega.
Maybe Lionel - I much prefer Lancelot - and Charles went overseas. May have had their father's itchy feet.

Stratford was a bit of a cad, wasn't he?  :o

Maybe it put the two lads off marriage.  :-\

Jamjar

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 13 July 09 13:31 BST (UK) »
Hi John

Thank you for you pm's.   I have responded by pm as it is my understanding that pm's should not to be copied and pasted on to the boards.

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
As the name says, Personal Messages are personal and private - do not publish PMs on the public boards !

John I have tried to find Elizabeth Jane CORNISH's birth in Adelaide SA for you.  However there doesn't seem to be a death on the Vic indexes with the same parents names.  Have you searched for or found her death?

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jh1247

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 13 July 09 15:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Cando,

I have done a research on Elizabeth Cornish many years ago I think I had some trouble

Regards,
John.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 14 July 09 01:42 BST (UK) »

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
As the name says, Personal Messages are personal and private - do not publish PMs on the public boards !

John,

I have read the above information provided by Cando and have removed your PM information from the board.

I posted the information as there was nothing personal in it and all had been previously stated in your postings.

I would suggest  that you use this board, rather than sending me PMs, to discuss matters pertaining to your search.

Jamjar