Author Topic: Laurence DEMPSEY b.~1829 County Mayo, Ireland  (Read 3922 times)

Offline goldnplomp

• RootsChat Extra
  • Island of Vancouver and its Dependancies
    • View Profile
Laurence DEMPSEY b.~1829 County Mayo, Ireland
« on: Saturday 11 July 09 01:29 BST (UK) »
Hello Everyone,

I am researching a Laurence DEMPSEY (b.~1829 County Mayo, Ireland) (d.1892 Parish of Avondale, Lanarkshire, Scotland). Laurence was the son of John DEMPSEY and Bridget BEATTIE. Laurence married a Margaret MCHALE (b.~1820 Parish of Breaghwy, County Mayo, Ireland) (d.1857 Parish of Avondale, Lanarkshire, Scotland) in 1842 in Westport, County Mayo, Ireland. Margaret was the daughter of Thomas MCHALE and Cecilia MCCUE? As far as I can tell, Laurence and Margaret had 6 children (5 boys, 1 girl) when living in Ireland then after moving to Strathaven, Scotland in ~1854, they had an additional 2 boys (James b.1855 d.1918 & Laurence b.1857 d.1933)

After his first wife’s death Laurence married a second time to an Agnes HANLIN (b.~1825 Ireland) (d.1905 Parish of Avondale, Lanarkshire, Scotland) in 1860 in the Parish of Avondale, Lanarkshire, Scotland. Agnes was the daughter of James HANLIN and Margaret? As far as I can tell Laurence and Agnes had 3 boys (Patrick b.1861, Arthur b.1863 & William b.1868 d.1887).

Any direction or assistance anyone can provide in regards to this family would be very much appreciated.

Thank you for your time and kind consideration.

Arthur
Gold, Weir, Halliday, Douglas, Blackley, Kilpatrick, French, Dempster, Prentice, Penman, Dempsey, McHale, Lindsay, Brown, Morton, Muir, Allan, Russell