Author Topic: DEAN Baptism 1802 Leeds Yorkshire  (Read 1370 times)

Offline slowskid

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
DEAN Baptism 1802 Leeds Yorkshire
« on: Saturday 04 July 09 06:16 BST (UK) »
HI

Acoording to the 1861 census, my ggg grandfather was John  William Dean, born 1802, in Leeds.  Is it possible for anyone to look up the birth or baptism and get the names of his parents.  Thanks for any help.

Sandra Dean

Vancouver, Canada

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: DEAN Baptism 1802 Leeds Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 July 09 09:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra and welcome to rootschat
I have moved your post and retitled it so that it is seen.   Sorry you have not had a reply so far.   Can you quote the 1861 census reference for us?  Is his year of birth the same on other census?  Can we assume that you have looked at the IGI on www.familysearch.org and failed to find him?   Who did he marry?    What children did he have?  Lots of questions but the more information you can give us the easier it is to help.
Regards
Andrea

Offline slowskid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 July 09 10:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Andrea

Sorry, I'm new to this.  I will look him up on the IGI but have not had any luck there before.  His address was 30 Deal Street in Salford on the 1861 census.  He is on the 1851 census as well but the page is damaged and almost illegilble.    His wife was Susannah Wilks, born about 1811, in Heaton Norris, Lancashire.  The first three children were born and/or registered in Stockport, the rest were born in Salford.  The numbers on the bottom of the census are Class RG9, Piece 2914, Folio 12 Page 18.  Only the children born in Salford are listed on the 1861 census.  I don't think the 1851 census is much help because some of the names and ages are incorrect.

Children were Jane, Daniel, and Samuel born in Stockport, and John William, Susannah and George Henry born in Salford.  Thanks for any help in finding parents of John William, born about 1802.

Sandra Dean

Vancouver, Canada

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 11 July 09 10:31 BST (UK) »
I can't find them in 1851 though there are several other John Deans born in Leeds around that time and indeed several married to a Susanna!   What is the 1851 reference?  Not having much luck with 1841 either.
Andrea

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 11 July 09 10:38 BST (UK) »
Got them in 1851.   What an annoying ink blot!  Daniel age 15, Samuel 12, Susannah 9, John Wm 4 and George Henry 1.  Parents age 47 and 41.  As Daniel is a Millwright's apprentice it looks as if John's occupation is the same as in 1861.  Have you looked to see if you can find any apprenticeship records for him?
Andrea

Offline slowskid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 11 July 09 13:38 BST (UK) »
Where would I find apprenticeship records?

Sandra

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 11 July 09 14:02 BST (UK) »
Ask at the relevant archives office if they have any.  Some survive but others don't.  Still can't find them in 1841.
Andrea

Offline slowskid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 11 July 09 14:11 BST (UK) »
I don't think they're on the 1841 census.

Sandra