Author Topic: Watts of Pendoylan/Llantrithyd/Ty Draw  (Read 14670 times)

Offline A Turtle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Watts of Pendoylan/Llantrithyd/Ty Draw
« Reply #18 on: Friday 22 October 10 01:42 BST (UK) »

Hi Alan O

P.M. sent

Offline StAber

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 17 November 10 17:58 GMT (UK) »
I have just found this site on the Watts family. My grandmother Florence Watts was born in Castle Farm St Georges super Ely around 1886, one of 8 children. Castle Farm is now being restored, it is a Grade 1 listed building. Further details can be found in the CADW publications. I have photos of it and also of the Watts family taken many years ago.

Offline StAber

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 18 November 10 23:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Red Kite.
Further info is that my Watts family Thomas and Susannah Watts farmed at Ty Llwyd, St Georges, not sure if this was Castle Farm but my Grandmother Florence was born at Castle Farm in 1888. Other children were Mary, Rachel, Edward, John, Norah, Fanny born between 1883 and 1892. I visited it as a child with her to be introduced to the Great Aunts but have to admit to being more interested in the GWR line which ran alongside! There is also a connection to Sant Tylyll (or St-y-Nyll) a (now demolished) large house at St Brides-super-Ely through my great-great grandfather Edward Watts. One earlier posting from 'Dragonsheep' mentioned St-y-Nyll, Edward Watts and Thomas Llewellyn (my second cousin, son of Norah Watts) so we are clearly on common ground! My great Grandmother at Castle Farm was a Williams who was descended from Thomas Williams a Welsh hymn writer who built Bethesda Fro Chapel at St Athan. I have no information regarding any connection to the Morgan line.
Regards

Offline Red Kite

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 20 November 10 21:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi StAber,

It would appear that your Gt. Grandfather Thomas Watts 1855, was a younger brother of my Gt.Grandfather John Watts 1851 - Their parents being Edward 1826 and Rachel Jones 1823.
The other siblings to Thomas and John were Edward 1854. Elizabeth 1858. Margaret 1860. Mary 1864.

I found your Gt.Grandfather Thomas 1855 and his family in the 1901 Census. Living at Castle Farm, St. Georges.

I expect you have this info, but I'll put it in anyway =

Thomas Watts Head b. 1855 Pendoylan  Farmer
Susannah Wife b.  1859 How Mills Glam.
Margaret  Dau.  b. 1880  Welsh St. Donats.
Rachel   Dau.  b.  1882    Welsh St.Donats. Milliner.
Edward  Son  b.  1885    St. Georges.
John   Son  b. 1887         St. Georges.
Norah  Dau  b. 1892       St.Georges.
Fanny  Dau  b. 1893       St.Georges.
Florence  Dau b. 1889    St. Georges.

Also living with the family described as Servant was Charles England b. 1838 from Lopan, Somerset.

Kind regards
Red Kite.

Offline stanslad

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 13 February 14 16:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Not sure of myself as new to this site.  The Watts family are on my mother-in-law's side. She is 96 and still going strong and was one of twins born to AT Watts and his wife Edith.
I have managed five generations starting with Arthur and have a few photographs of same.
Would be over the moon to have copies of early generations as mentioned by A Turtle but can someone explain how I go about it.
Regards
Stanslad

Offline jimmyrocket

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 02 March 14 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Dear All

I read with interest about the Watts family though not a descendant but as the person restoring Castle Farm St Georges with a side interest and slowly building an dossier of its previous residents - certainly it seems that quite a few Watts lived here.

I have had a visit from a couple of Watts descendants and unsure if they are amongst this portal and lovely letters from the elderly lady - apologies abound if I have been slow to respond as this has been quite a project of restoration and after 6 years finding a bit of time to address this.

If anyone wishes to visit Castle Farm I would be more than delighted to assist.

I do have some old pics of the family here but I am sure this is common knowledge.

All the best.   

Offline emsie05

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 27 December 20 16:49 GMT (UK) »
i AM RELATED TO WATTS AND MORGAN FAMILY IN LLANTRITHYD
MY GRANDFATHER M.I.WATTS USE TO FARM TY UCHAF FARM LLANTRITHYD!

Offline helen keepence

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 26 September 21 19:07 BST (UK) »
Hi c Morgan. I have been researching William MORGAN b 1855 as he was connected to my JENKINS family in three ways. One was Williams G Grandson (Edwin's 's Grandson ) married the grand daughter  of my great aunt Miriam Cecile nee (JENKINS )   RICHARDS of Whitton Rosser farm. I can not find out who my g aunts grand daughter, Janet  married. I wonder by any chance if you know. The MORGAN family has such a long history in Llantrithyd and my JENKINS ancestry is just as long in Llantrisant. William Morgan has Jenkins Bloodline back to my 5x g grandfather born 1725. Love this history !

Offline helen keepence

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 10 October 21 01:05 BST (UK) »
Sorry all. Correction I meant William Morgan born 1866 who lived Maerdy Newydd and died Walterton Gawr 1955.