Author Topic: holland/hoey  (Read 12888 times)

Offline alphonsus123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
holland/hoey
« on: Sunday 19 July 09 20:34 BST (UK) »

Looking for relatives of Joseph Holland and Rose Hoey who were married at the Roman catholic chapel of saint patricks in the registrars district of carrickmacross in the county of monaghan on september 29th 1890.
These were my great grandparents. Joseph was a postman and at the time of the marriage he lived in the Blackrock area and Rose lived in the mullaghraffety area.

Offline DowdallC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: holland/hoey
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 31 July 21 14:23 BST (UK) »
Hi My name is Caroline I am looking for the same rose hoey and Joseph holland  I have some information if you would like it.   And hopefully you can fill in some of the blanks for me.  I would be on Rose side of the tree.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 31 July 21 19:11 BST (UK) »

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

Alphonsus123 was last online here in June last year, but if he is receiving notifications then he should reply here to you.

Looking for relatives of Joseph Holland and Rose Hoey who were married at the Roman catholic chapel of saint patricks in the registrars district of carrickmacross in the county of monaghan on september 29th 1890.

Here's a link to the marriage in 1890-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1890/10707/5903532.pdf

Rose was living in the townland of Mullaghrafferty which is south of Carrickmacross.
https://www.townlands.ie/monaghan/farney/magheracloone/drumboory/mullaghrafferty/

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 01 August 21 10:25 BST (UK) »

Possible death of James Hoey, a widower at Mullarafferty (sic) in 1884.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1884/06336/4817216.pdf

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline DowdallC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 01 August 21 10:35 BST (UK) »
Thank you I have those details I was trying to find out what happened to Nicholas Anne and Patrick Holland.  Or where they moved too.  Many thanks.
CHD

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 01 August 21 10:49 BST (UK) »

Not a problem  ;D

It's always best to attach links for BMD and other records so that others researching via the internet can find and view the information.

I was trying to find out what happened to Nicholas Anne and Patrick Holland. 

Who are they?

KG

Offline DowdallC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 01 August 21 10:53 BST (UK) »
Rose Holland was a sister of my great great grandfather from mullarafferty carrickmacross Co Monaghan she married Nicholas Holland and had 3 children.  But so far that's all I have.
Thank you for the input.
CHD

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 01 August 21 11:59 BST (UK) »
Rose Holland was a sister of my great great grandfather from mullarafferty carrickmacross Co Monaghan she married Nicholas Holland and had 3 children.  But so far that's all I have.
Thank you for the input.
CHD

Do you have any time reference - year of marriage and births.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DowdallC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 01 August 21 12:13 BST (UK) »
Yes Rose was born in mullarafferty she married Joseph holland 1890 from Blackrock Co Louth.  Nicholas was born 1892 Anne born 1893 and Patrick born 1895 Rose passed away on 2nd Feb 1886 in hospital in Dublin.  I think Joseph passed away on 22th November 1929 in the louth county hospital aged 70.  So far that's all I have can't find their children..