Author Topic: John ANDERSON  (Read 16315 times)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John ANDERSON
« Reply #54 on: Saturday 13 May 17 05:14 BST (UK) »
Gemini would you please insert other's research in Insert Quote Marks.  Immediately under Font Size drop down box.  Only shows when you are typing a post.

On reading through the thread I thought some of this research look like the same as I post transcriptions and yes it was.

Thanks

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gemini

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Saturday 13 May 17 05:25 BST (UK) »
Sorry we actually do have a copy of that transcription and I just use the one on here. I'll remember to do that  :). Is the full death certificate the same as the transcription for back in those days?
Cole, Chapman, Palmer, Stenlake, Horn, Lillicrapp, Seccombe, Lindsay, Hatch, Landroth, Pettersson, Candler, Andersson, Bradford

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 13 May 17 05:36 BST (UK) »
Yes the john who drowned is our man and his sons were Christian and Thomas and daughter Grace. If I got the full certificate what will it show. I had the partial transcription.
and
Sorry we actually do have a copy of that transcription and I just use the one on here. I'll remember to do that  :). Is the full death certificate the same as the transcription for back in those days?

The full official transcription will include ALL the same info as on the actual NSW BDM death certificate, so it will include ALL the info on the partial transcription PLUS all the details that are on the real deal certificate .... so it will include the details on the informant, and all the details  that that informant provided to the funeral director who did the formal lodgement of the forms.  So details of the deceased's marriage/s and name in chronological order the children of the marriage/s, depending on the informant's knowledge ...  and Yes, the headings are basically the same for 1940s as for the more recent registrations, so very similar info to the recent certificate you commented on here:
Hi
I say it had to be a transcription and a partial one. I just got my dad death certificate and it listed us kids his wife and informant etc. I'm researching my husband side.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Saturday 13 May 17 05:38 BST (UK) »
Who was the informant on the death certificate?

News item has John born Sweden.

Cando

Agh ... so spelling variations and naturalisation papers are worth checking too.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline gemini

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Saturday 13 May 17 05:53 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much everybody I guess I'm doom to never knowing. I don't even know when he came out to get the naturalization papers. I have my side their papers etc but his side is a different story  :) 8) ???
Cole, Chapman, Palmer, Stenlake, Horn, Lillicrapp, Seccombe, Lindsay, Hatch, Landroth, Pettersson, Candler, Andersson, Bradford

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Saturday 13 May 17 06:06 BST (UK) »
Shown below is exactly what is asked for from the informant giving the information for a Death certificate in NSW.  As already stated it does depend on the knowledge/truthfulness of the informant.  In this case the informant knew John's approximate time in NSW and Vic and was also confident enough to name some parents for him.  I suspect one of his sons may have been the informant as they lived reasonably close by and would have been able to attend.

However,as John was in his 80s it's possible that his child/ren may not have known a great deal about his early life.  I have worked with someone who had no knowledge whatsoever of her ancestor's first marriage and his first childen.

(Sometimes the undertaker or other official is listed as 'the informant' as s/he may be the person actually filling in the forms, in which case the information would have been sourced from someone who knew the deceased.)

DEATH   NSW

Date   
Death place   
Cause of death   
Parents' names   
Spouse names   
Marriage details   
Age at marriage   
Chns names   
No of chn   
Birthplace   
Residency   
Burial place and details
Informant and informant's details

You're right, a full transcription may not give any further information than what you already have, but more would have been requested at the time of registration.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Saturday 13 May 17 06:29 BST (UK) »
Electoral Roll 1943 RIVERINA, polling at Junee
Christian ANDERSON, 46 Regent St, flour miller
Pearlie Henrietta ANDERSON, 46 Regent St, home duties

NOTE Electoral roll 1936 RIVERINA, polling Junee – please notice the street addresses:
Christian ANDERSON, Pretoria Avenue, Flour miller
Harold Septimus ANDERSON, Pretoria Avenue, Articled Clerk
Maggie ANDERSON, Pretoria Avenue, teacher
Margaret ANDERSON, Pretoria Avenue, home duties
Pearlie ANDERSON, Pretoria Avenue, home duties
Robert ANDERSON, Pretoria Avenue, clerk.
THERE ARE OTHERS WITH THAT SURNAME, BUT NOT RESIDING IN THAT AVENUE.

NSW BDM marriages INDEX
1926 Pearl H SCANLAN and Christian ANDERSON registered Wagga Wagga district #9120

Ryerson Index:
Pearlie Henrietta ANDERSON aged 64 died 14 March 1972, late of Kemblawarra, Illawarra Mercury 15 March 1972. 

NSW State Archives
Probate  Pearlie ANDERSON
Series 4-735514, DD 14 March 1972,  Granted 10 August 1972

EDIT to strike through this info, as Muss' kind post #64 shows this is NOT the correct John ANDERSON. 
Back to the 1937 Electoral Roll
RIVERINA, polling at Narrandera
John ANDERSON, Municipal Common, Narrandera, labourer.

I cannot find a John ANDERSON polling at Narrandera in 1930,  but I can find him from 1931 to 1937, and also on the 1943 roll all with same details as 1937 listing above. 

JM

Offline gemini

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Saturday 13 May 17 07:11 BST (UK) »
Hi JM
As per your earlier quotes
Ok on the Pretoria st - were they all living in the same house?
Christian was John's son and Pearlie was Christian's wife they had one daughter she would have been 9 yrs old. John Anderson was separated from his wife which explains him not living at Pretoria St. Did John have more than one partner/wife? What is the relation with Harold, Maggie, Margaret and Robert to Christian and Pearlie?

Offline gemini

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Saturday 13 May 17 07:13 BST (UK) »
Also I notice Elizabeth/Annie the mother of Christian isn't there either.